T W E N T Y - O N E

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

"You sure you don't want to go down?" Baekhyun asked me once again before leaving my room. I shook my head in response, I was currently facing the wall so I can't tell what his facial expression was.

It's already the third time today since he's checked up on me. It's been a routine lately since I didn't even bother to leave my room for the past week. I felt dead, it's as if I was already soulless. After seeing what Sehun did to those students... I'm afraid to go near him or his brothers much less even see them.

I learned that I shouldn't trust them. Just like what Baekhyun told me back then, 'no matter how human I act, you shouldn't trust me fully'. Although I was able to give a small amount of trust for Baekhyun at least. I was able to trust him since he too was hurt badly by Sehun. He's always worried but I can't blame him for that. I've locked myself in this room for the past week and I hardly even talk to him. Every time he goes in here, I'd always avoid eye contact and stare out of nowhere.

I appreciate his patience though, to think that he could withstand talking to me for the past week just to make sure that I'm okay. I took the remote and I turned the television on, Baekhyun said I could use at least a bit of entertainment here so he moved the TV from his own bedroom.

"The case of the murder of several students from a university remains a mystery. According to investigators the causes of death were-"

I immediately turned it off and covered myself with my red duvet. So much for forgetting it. I buried face in my pillow as I tried to push away the horrific scene flashing in my mind. I kept wishing every single time that this is just a really bad nightmare but I had to face the fact that this is reality.

I'm living with eleven half-demons, ten have control of themselves and one is just extremely dangerous, their demon uncle is after everyone and he's working with my stepfather. At first I thought nothing else could get any more worse, but it'll just turn out that I'm being naive. This could still get worse.

I tried taking a nap but I could only see blood whenever I close my eyes. I could remember Seth, April, and the others. I wish I was the one that was killed and not them.

I heard a knock on the door. "Paige, it's me." I heard Baekhyun's voice. "May I come in?" he asked. I slightly moved on my bed which means yes. When he heard it, he entered. He flashed me a smile when our eyes met.

He went near me and he sat at the edge of my bed. I sat up and looked at him in confusion. He usually just sits on the couch. "We're leaving today, you need to come with us." he began.

I looked at him and I immediately shook my head. I can't leave, especially not at this time. "Paige, it's important. Remember when Suho said you're going to meet father? You need to meet him today." he slowly said.

My eyes widened and I shook my head once again. "I can't," I didn't even realize how dry my throat was. I haven't been speaking much for the past week. I haven't eaten properly either.

"You have to. He could help us, we can't leave you alone here, Paige." he explained calmly.

"But he's with you. He'll be near me, I don't want that." I said as clutched my comforter. He knows I'm referring to Sehun. He looked around the room as if he was looking for something before returning his gaze back to me.

"Listen Paige, we're here. Sehun knows what he did and he's sorry for that. You have to look at things from his side, he has no idea that he hurt you. It's a lot for him to sink in." he added.

I bit my lip when I remembered that time last week when Sehun suddenly returned to his normal form. He looked so shocked, it's like he's afraid. He hugged me and apologized countless times, I felt his sincerity that time... I really did. But accepting his sorry that easily and trusting him again won't be easy.