22

Harry Potter

"You can't just try to hit her Ron!" I shouted. Ron let out some sort of frustrated scream and threw some books of a desk. He then let himself slide down the wall with his hands against his head. He buried his face in his knees. "I know! I just couldn't control myself. She hates me now, doesn't she?" He asked. I frowned and sat down next to him. "You know how I get. I get angry and I lose my cool. And I make rushed decisions, bad decisions. You know I don't mean it!" Ron said. He looked up and I noticed tears in his eyes. I sighed. "At least this time you missed. Last time you didn't, she forgave you for that right?" I said. Ron shook his head softly. "She didn't, not really. I can't lose her like this. She's the love of my life!" He shouted.  "Clearly she's not! Here's some tough love for you, Ron. Parkinson is her soulmate, not you. Get up and move on." I snapped. 

Ron stared at me in horror. Some new tears rolled down his cheek. "B-but.. but I love her, and she loves me! This has to be a mistake, right? Hermione's not a lesbian.. right?" Ron mumbled. Before I could answer, Ron had gotten up. "I'm going to find her. I need to talk to her." He said, jogging away. "Ron!" I shouted as I followed him. Clearly Ron wasn't going to change his mind, so I decided to go with him to contain the situation as much as possible. I really wasn't looking forward to this conversation, but it had to happen or this was never going to be fixed. I need the two of them to get along. I can't handle them fighting, I can't choose between them. This needs to go well.

We didn't find Hermione in the great hall, not in the library either. It wasn't until we had walked around the school for almost an hour that Ron gave up. We headed back to the Gryffindor common room to find Ginny reading a book in an armchair. "Since when do you read?" Ron asked, walking towards her. "Ha, Ha." Ginny said sarcastically. "Hermione basically forced me to read this. Apparently it's about lesbians who decide to live in a cottage in the woods." Ginny said, closing her book. I chuckled. "Sounds fun." Ron said with a clenched jaw. I stomped him against him arm lightly. Ron rolled his eyes and let himself drop on the chair next to Ginny. "What is she doing recommending lesbian books to you? She shouldn't just give in to this." He mumbled. Ginny sighed. "I know we were taught gays and lesbians are bad, but I think it's getting old-fashioned. I'm a lesbian myself." She said. "-And I'm gay" I added. "But she's not. She's mine." Ron mumbled.

Ginny snorted. "She's not your property Ronald." She said. Ron glared at her. "I know, I just meant that we love each other. She doesn't really love Parkinson. I'm going to get her back." He said softly. Me and Ginny made eye-contact. "I think you should back off." Ginny said, looking back at Ron. Ron shook his head. "I need to change her mind before it's too late."