Chapter 50.2 : Inner Circle's Réunion - II

"YOU'RE PREGNANT?" The rest simultaneously shouted

When a slightly bashful Jisoo had nodded, loud cheers, whistles and claps started to erupt from the friends.

Wine glasses clinked against each other more excitedly. Champagne bottles were starting to pop with their corks flying all over the dining hall.

The girls had went ahead to hug Jisoo, all gently touching her stomach with loving eyes.

"Unnie!" Lisa has started, running towards Jisoo with happy tears starting to form in her eyes.

The action had startled a few of them since it was surprisingly familiar to Lisa's old habits and actions.

The current Lisa was more reserved and serious, different from the old one that was joyful, cheerful and playful.

"Lisa" The older breathed out through her hug, a smile on her lips, showing a relieved expression.

Jisoo had reacted in that way because for the first time, in almost 6 years, she saw a glimpse of the friend she grew up with.

Roseanne came next, regally and calmly nearing Jisoo before a euphoric smile was casted on her features.

"I knew it!" she states as she hugged her friend. And as she distanced herself, she saw the tiny bump that was barely visible.

"you knew?"

"I had a hunch. I've been pregnant before so I saw how picky you were with food. You also couldn't stand some things you used to love and ate others that you usually couldn't even swallow.

I also saw how you never once touched your glass of wine and kept drinking from your glass of water. And we all know that you and Jeongguk would never pass up on a chance to drink"

Jisoo was surprised that her friend had noticed, but of course it should've have been expected when the heiress who was also a brilliant attorney had been pregnant for quite a few times now, meaning that she could catch anything with those eyes.

Jennie came last, her eyes bewildered at the fact that another one of her closest friends had gotten pregnant.

"Congrats, babe" she says, hugging Jisoo tightly and the latter knew that tightness of the hug had something to do with Jennie's self-trauma that the girl never told anyone.

"How far along are you?" she asked, her eyes starting to form fondness in them. Jennie was always fond of children, however regarding the issue of having her own, her opinion on that remains unknown to everyone.