(Side Story 18) Farm Life

Y/n P.O.V (One The Road) (Noon)

"Are we there yet?" I ask as I lean against the car window, hoping for something to grab ahold of my ever so short attention span.

Laurance takes in a deep sigh before ignoring me and focusing back on the road. Curse his responsible driving ass. "You know, I'm really starting to regret bringing you" He says with a subtle smile.

"No you're not. You love the company" I say with a giddy smile.

"You have your moments" Laurance says. "What's gotten you so energetic anyway?"

"I just had a nice night last night. Ugh, tongue-tie" I joke.

"Yeah, you and Lucinda did look pretty cosy all snuggled like that" Laurance says and as a result, I can't help but blush and smile at the fond memory. "Weird seeing Lucinda snuggled on you though"

"Yeah. Lucinda wanted to try something new. And I did not have any complaints" I say as I rest my arms back behind my head. "And who do I have to thank for the blanket? Since Lucinda and I fell asleep on top of the covers"

"That would be Aph. She also took your guitar off of you so you wouldn't break it in your sleep" Laurance says.

"Well, remind me to thank her when we get back" I say.

"Hey Y/n" Laurance says as he turns off the main road. "We're here"

We continue down a dirt road for a few seconds as an old farmhouse comes more and more into view. There's a bright red barn next to the house and what looks like some animal pens. The whole place is surrounded by fields with some trees behind the house. We pull up and I instantly jump out and am greeted by a fresh whiff of country air.

"Laurance!" A woman shouts as she walks out the door and down the steps. She walks over to Laurance and gives him a tight hug. After she lets him go, she turns to me. "And you must be Y/n! Laurance has told us so much about you!" The woman says as she pulls me into a hug.

"Yay, a hugger" I say as I hug her back. After a few moments, she keeps me in her arms but pulls away so that she can see me clearly.

"My you really are beautiful" She says as she takes my face in her hands. "And your ears are so fluffy and cute" She gushed as she starts to inspect my ears. Hopefully, Lucinda doesn't get jealous.

"Mom!" Laurance shouts.

"Oh I'm sorry dear" Laurance's mom says as she stops. "I didn't mean to be rude. I'm just so happy that Laurance has finally found such an amazing girl"

"It's fine, I don't mind. Just don't go around grabbing other meif'wa's ears" I joke. I quickly glance at Laurance to see him looking nervous. "Wait? What did you mean by..."

"Thanks mom, it is so good to see you!" Laurance shouts as he grabs me and pulls me towards the car.

"Okay okay, I'll give you two a moment alone" Laurance's mom says while holding back a laugh.

"Laurance?" I say sternly.

"You see, my mom........"

"She thinks we're dating doesn't she"

"..........yes"