Uh-ho, the plot's here and now I'm crying

When New Years Eve came, you broadcast throughout the entire evening, updating the countdown and having an open mic where everyone could get their turn to speak about their experience in this stone world. It was fun!

A few days later, Senku called your team.
"(Y/n), we're gonna need your diamond!"
"Sure," you took off your necklace and handed it to Joel. "anything for science."
He took it out of its locket and examined it.
"That is a genuine diamond." he nodded. "But it's way too small."
"Right, it is used as a needle for recordings after all." you tilted your head, glancing to the side.
"Well then!" Senku said, more excited. "Go dig up some natural diamonds!"
"What?!" everybody in the room except you exclaimed.
"We did dig out vanadium, surely we can find diamonds too." you shrugged.
"Our geography expert mapped out where you can find them."
"You gotta tell me about that Chelsea girl at some point."
"Oh I'm sure she'd wanna introduce herself to you in person. She's a big fan of your show you know?"
"Oh!" you smiled. "Well I'm glad she likes it, can't wait to meet her."

"So I only need to polish the natural diamonds and craft a new battery?" Joel smirked. "Leave it to me. You've never seen precision grinding quite like what I can do."
"Great to hear! We'll be routine for ya!" Nikki hit him on the arm, making him blush like crazy again.
"On that note," Senku said. "this will be the globetrotters' team's last communication to you folks."
Your eyes widen as everyone else expressed their shock. But it made sense, using the radio would give away their position to Stanley and his team.
"Keep in mind that we're still open to one way communication from your end. We'd wouldn't know what to do without (L/n) (Y/n)'s show."
You smiled, your heart skipping a beat.
"And Joel, only drop a line once you've mastered making diamond batteries."
You pursued your lips. You were really curious about what was going on and what they were planning out there. But you also knew it'd be risky to communicate such important information.

So as you went back to working on your radio show and remaking modern day songs, the exploration team went mining and when they came back with a bunch of diamonds, Joel would try and cut the diamonds to fit the shape of the medusa's battery. For the past week, he's done a lot of tries, none successful so far.
"One meter one second." Yo tried the latest one. "...It ain't working." he tossed it aside.
"You're not helping either!" Minami glared at him before turning towards Joel. "Hey, it's okay."
He, like always, looked away, his face all red. Once he got a grip, he examined one of the diamonds he cut.
"It's a perfect match in shape and size. If my skills can't pull it off than no one on this Earth can do it." he thought out loud. "Could it be that an ordinary diamond somehow isn't the answer? There's gotta be some key difference, but what?"
You thought for a moment.
"Okay. Theory:" you said, raising your indexes. "the medusa comes from why-man right? And why-man comes from the moon right? So that would mean the diamond also comes from the moon, and so maybe it's different from the ones here on Earth."
"Moon diamonds...?" Minami mumbled.
"Unlikely, I recognize an Earth diamond when I see one."
You raised your eyebrows. It seemed that, in his concentration, Joel has forgotten he was talking back to a girl right now.

When you walked to the communication room for your morning broadcast, you were stopped at the doorway.
"The show's canceled for this morning." Brody explained.
"Huh? Why?" you frowned.
"We've just received a message from your Japanese friends and we just wanna make sure you don't get to hear it."
Your frowned deepened, you had no choice but to accept the situation and turn back. But instead of going back to your studio, you went to see Joel. He was looking at his watch.
"Joel."
He jumped in surprise and looked at you with big eyes, as red as a tomato. But you had no time for his cute shenanigans and went up to him.
"Tell me something: can your watch receive radio signals?"

His eyes became bigger.
"H-H-How did y-you-?"
"We made a similar thing a while back. So?" you leaned a bit closer.
This wasn't the right move to have made. He began to mumbled incoherent stuff, his eyes darting around the room. You sighed and held his hand, leading him out of the room.
"Wha-wha-(Y/n)!" he was clearly freaking out.
'His hand's sweaty.'