Chapter 170

Serena found Alec and Lorenzo first, Alec full of relief when he saw his wife burst out in front of him, having hidden when she heard the approaching footsteps, believing it to be a demon.

And then together, the three of them had made their way to the keep, grateful for Serena's voice that had been so supercharged by Ithuriel and the heavenly fire that it easily turned all demons they encountered into ash. They eventually found their way to the makeshift throne room where they found Magnus staring out a glassless window.

"Sparkles!" Serena called and Magnus whirled, eyes wide.

"Angel. Alexander. I never thought I'd see you again," he said as he wrapped them both in a hug.

"All of us weren't about to let you fight Lilith alone," Serena smiled at him.

"All of us?" Magnus questioned.

"I'm just doing what any High Warlock would do. And seeing as it technically was my fault that you transformed me into a reptile," Lorenzo begrudgingly admitted and Magnus held out his hand.

Lorenzo shook it, the men smiling at each other in an unspoken agreement.

"Where's Asmodeus? I figured he'd give you trouble the second you touched down in Edom?" Serena asked worriedly and Magnus smiled at the heart of the girl.

"My father definitely gave me his worst, but he will never be heard from again. I trapped him in Limbo."

"Impressive," Lorenzo praised, and Magnus gave him an appreciative smile.

"Magnus!" called Clary as she and Simon found their way into the throne room.

"Biscuit," Magnus smiled as he wrapped the redhead in a hug.

"Jace and Meliorn are on the way. But where's Isabelle? Is she here?" Simon asked.

"Isabelle? Should she be?" Magnus asked in confusion.

"Can you feel her through your bond, or whatever?" Simon then asked Serena who concentrated for a second.

"She's alive, I can tell you that much. But she feels... Distant. Like I can't feel her, but I can at the same time."

"That's super helpful, thanks," Simon said sarcastically, only to receive glares from every other man in the room.

"She's probably used the heavenly fire to kill more demons since being in Edom," Clary pointed out.

"Either way, I hope Jace and Meliorn found her first," Alec said gravely, no one wanting to consider the alternative.