15

Atreus' POV

It's been nearly a week since I've seen Dariya and I has been one long week that had me miserable. One long miserable week of me staring my phone, waiting for a text back or even a call.

She corrupted my thoughts wholeheartedly, every minute of the day. I've seen or nothing about her on the internet, it's like she just disappeared for a week. I know it's probably business wise but...

Every second of the day my mind randomly Dawn's on her. On her beautiful face, her delicate hands that I honestly think she got from keeping steady hands on a steering wheel for minutes at a time and her herself, everything about her.

Vance didn't share another picture since we hacked him and wiped his devices. Thankfully because that would mean he didn't have any hard copies. Riley's son has been in hideout since his father died, but Galina easily found out where he was staying when she unwillingly called the number he saved in her phone.

We were leaving for Singapore this afternoon after work since the race would be this weekend. My nerves were through the roof just at the thought of seeing her again, even if it's not up close.

"Did you hear me?" Odessa questioned loudly, her fingers snapping in my unfocused line of sight.

"What?" I shook my head, finally paying attention to her.

"I said that the flight leaves at eight." She answered, leaning back in the chair in front of my desk and kicking her feet up on the table.

"Okay, is that all?" I questioned, my brows furrowed in confusion as to why she was still here.

"Pretty much, yes." She said distractedly as her eyes flew over the screen of her phone.

"Then why are you still here?"

"Because brother, I have nothing else to do with my life." She said plainly, her shoulders shrugging lightly.

I sighed looking back to the file before me, ignoring her presence.

-

"You need to lighten up cousin, there's plenty of other fish in the sea." Carmen, my younger cousin said, falling into the seat beside me on the jet. We had left America about three hours ago and was on our way to Singapore in an eighteen hour flight.

"What other fish?" Her brother, Odin, asked uninvited, sitting in the seat opposite hers, his hand buried in a bag of popcorn.

"No one invited you here Odin." She said in annoyance, sighing loudly as she rolled her eyes.

"Well I'm here so just tell me." He replied, shrugging his shoulders, completely unbothered by her hostile stare.

Odin was Nolan's and Ilya's second and last child. He was a few years younger than Carmen who was twenty along with Galina. Him and Carmen where like oil and vinegar, they were civil for nothing, not even money could make them get along. While Carmen was a perfect mixture of her parents, Odin was a Carbon copy of his father, in personality and looks. The only thing different was that his hair was curlier, like his mother's.

At 15 years old, Odin believed he was an adult that was allowed to adult things. Seeing as he was all by himself in the age bracket of cousins, he just couldn't decide if he wanted to be with the younger cousins or the older ones and just took the older by default because of his sister.