1

Her calm teal eyes stared outside the window, looking at the roses that had bloomed in her mother's garden. She spun the pen in her hands before continuing reading through the long article in her textbook but her eyes couldn't help but wander back to the beautiful roses.

"They're at full bloom..." She murmured to herself, mesmerized by the reddish-pink roses.

"Miyu." The boy called out to her making her jolt up in surprise.

"Takumi...didn't I tell you to knock?" Her brows furrowed at him.

He was the only friend she had...after all she was a quiet, introverted and just boring in the eyes of others. She never stood out, or so she thought. But he was the opposite, talented, handsome and one of the popular kids at school. He was well-liked by everyone.

In the first place, the only reason she became close to this person was because of their mothers. They were best friends, so from the moment she was born...they were already sticking to each other like glue.

He put a cup in front of her with a bright smile, "Drink up, it's caramel latte with extra whipped cream." 

"...thank you." She took a small sip with the straw...this was the sugar she needed after studying.

"Pftt- The only time you brighten up is when you have sweet stuff." The boy laughed.

"Shut up." She narrowed her eyes at him, but they soon softened.

"Hey, what were you looking at? It isn't like you to get distracted when studying." The boy leaned over to the desk, looking out the window.

"Too close." She shoved him away coldly while the boy faked a cry.

"So you were looking at the roses, they're really pretty. They fit your image perfectly." Takumi pondered for a while before saying, "You really like roses, you've always been staring at them even when we were younger."

"I guess..." She replied and continued her studies. 

Takumi casually plopped himself onto her bed and started swiping his phone. This was their daily routine. A comfortable silence, accompanied by the person they were closest to. Hours had passed before she let out a huge sigh.

"What's wrong?" He asked getting up to a sitting position.

"Nothing, I reached my limit for today. I can't concentrate anymore." She covered her eyes with her arm, leaning back against the chair.

"You've been studying for hours after all. I can't even stay focus for an hour." 

"I'm different from you. You know how my mom is if I get a C." She felt a chill down her spine "And you don't even need to study to get a good grade, Mister Genius."

"Miyu, I'm a genius in your heart?" Takumi faked a touched look.

"Well, an idiot actually. The people at school are a different story though, Mr. Perfect." She scrunched her face in disgust.

But in her heart...he really is perfect. His chestnut brown hair and those eyes, those captivating amber eyes, how she loved to stare into them.

"I'm hurt." He sniffled.

"By the way, stop coming to my class at break." She glanced at him.

"Why?" 

"I...we don't fit." She sighed. 

'What is he doing with her?'

 'They don't fit.'

 'Why hang out with her?'