Part 20

Jin's Point of View

That day, I woke up the happiest I had ever been. I was greeted by a cheerful Ara who had just discovered that I slept on the couch and next to me was Ye-Ji, and she was peacefully asleep. I told Ara that we had to be quiet to let her mummy sleep in a bit longer while we prepare breakfast.

I kissed Ye-Ji's forehead and left the room with Ara. 

"Good morning, Mrs Cho", I said while bowing to her mother.

Her mother let us use the kitchen while she helped her husband outside, tending to their beautiful garden. 

"What do you and your eomma wants for breakfast?", I asked as I rummaged through the kitchen to look for ingredients.

"We love pancakes for breakfast!", she gleefully said.

We were about to finish preparing for our breakfast when a received a text message from Eun Jung.

'Just because you have a daughter with her, doesn't mean you can just run off to her and your stupid ex-wife anytime you want. Pull this shit again and the press will be hearing about this from me'

I couldn't think straight because I knew what she was capable of doing so as soon as Ye-Ji woke up, I decided to tell her that I had to head back to shower first and promised that I'll come back to eat with them. 

I knew Ye-Ji would be pissed with this but I had to go to Eun Jung's house to clear things out with her. As soon as I arrived at her place, I barged into the living room and Eun Jung let out a small chuckle.

"So, you needed a blackmail for you to come home? You must really love both of them to actually be here after a text"

"What do you want from me, Eun Jung?", I said.

"I want you to stop sneaking around my back to see your ex-wife", she said.

I shook my head in disbelief, "Ara is my daughter, too, Eun Jung. I am not going to abandon her again."

Eun Jung picked up a vase on the coffee table and threw it at my direction. Thank God for strong reflex, I managed to miss it by an inch. 

"What the fuck?", I raised my voice at her.

"Tell me the truth, Jin. Do you still love Ye-Ji? Are you doing it just for Ara or is Ye-Ji in your agenda too?", she asked as she picks up another small vase.

"Put the vase down, Eun Jung and let's talk this in a calm way. Somebody is going to end up getting hurt if you keep on doing this", I said, trying to rational her.

She put the vase down and started looking for her phone, "Tell me the fucking truth. Are you still in love with Ye-Ji?"

I shook my head, "No"

"Remember the night I told you about Ara? I couldn't abandon her again, Eun Jung. She needs me as her father and I must be there for her. I gave you an out that night because no one in the right mind would want to watch the guy that she is with to raise a kid with the ex-wife. I gave you an out, Eun Jung. You can't just drop me a threatening message and not expect me to react. Whatever happens, I am still going to be there for Ara. That's that", I said.

Eun Jung was hysteric again. She started throwing her temper tantrums and threw anything that her hands could reach. I tried to calm her down many times but the number of times I almost lost my head because she threw something at me, I just stopped and let her have it. 

"You are going to regret this, Jin", she said in between her tears.

I looked at her dead in the eyes, "I am sorry, Eun Jung"

I was about to leave the house when Eun Jung ran to me and said, "Stay, and I won't go to the press. If you leave, I will make sure the biggest news outlet knows about it first"

"Do whatever you want"

And I left.

Right after I left her house, I sighed in relief.

Why was I feeling relieve?

The moment I found out about Ara few days ago, I went straight to PD Nim and told him about Ara. 

'Ye-Ji never told you about her?', PD Nim asked, he was still trying to wrap his head around the news I just told him.

I nodded, "I'm sorry, PD-Nim. I know how this would affect the company and us as a group but Eun Jung hasn't been in her right mind lately. I think she is going to the press soon"

"Don't worry about it, Jin. We will try to take care of this as delicate as possible but in the meantime, try to stall it as long as possible so that the lawyers can discuss on this matter", PD Nim said.

I thanked him and as I was about to leave the room, PD Nim called me.

"I am sorry but if I may ask.. you could've easily make Ye-Ji and Ara go away. Why didn't you?", he asked.

I stared blankly into space and looked at him, "I could but I am a father now. I need to protect my family"

Text Message

Jin - Eun Jung is probably with the press already as I type this but I'd like to apologize to each of you for everything that's about to happen to all of us within the next few days. 
Namjoon - Don't worry, Jin. We are all in this together. Be strong.
Taehyung - We love you, hyung. 
Yoongi - Don't need to apologize. You are doing the right thing. Whatever happens, we can definitely go thru it together.
Jungkook - No worries, hyung! We love Ara. We'll make sure nothing happens to her.
Hobi - Let's just chill tonight at the dorm while waiting for the news to break.
Jimin - Yes, let's do it!

I must've tried calling Ye-Ji a hundred of times but she had me blocked. Out of all the people in the world, only Ye-Ji had no idea what was about to happen.