𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟎

First person pov

We were on our way to the grassy knoll, walking pretty calmly. For the exception of baby Five, who Luther so kindly left for me to keep and eye on while he talked to old Five. And I never felt so embarrassed on my life.

Five kept screaming at basically everyone who glanced at him on the street. I could only walk by his side, a bit distant, and pretend I didn't actually know him. That boy was about to get us arrested and placed on a mental hospital, I swear.

_"What are you looking at? See something funny?! Keep walking forward, asshole!"-He screamed at some other poor stranger, looking behind him. I grabbed his arm quickly and pulled him so we continued to walk forward and he didn't have the chance to pick a fight with a random person.

_"Mind your business! Or I'll give you something to stare at."-Again, another pedestrian scared. I pulled the boy's arm harder, and he stumbled next to me, turning his gaze to my angry expression.

_"Ow! What the fuck?"-He whisper shouted at me, while I scoffed nervously.

_"'What the fuck?' I should be the one asking you that! Can you please at least try to chill for a bit?"-I looked at him, still angry, but also pleadingly.

_"Have you not noticed them staring at me? At you? Something's clearly wrong!"

_"Yes, there is! You! I'm trying to help you here, Five. But you have to listen to me and keep yourself calm, or this plan is going to shit. Got it?"

_"I'm fucking calm!"

_"You're not! Old Five is way calmer than you!"

_"Then you go date him!"-My expression switched to a completely confused one. Five seemed quite angry when he said that.

_"That doesn't even make sense! Can you please not?"-He looked at me for one more second, before turning his head harshly to stare at another random guy.

_"You wish you could pull off these shorts."-I whimpered in distress, and gave up trying to stop him. I only hugged his arm to make sure he wouldn't go punching anyone, and that at least made him walk more normally.

I switched my attention to Luther and old Five who walked a few feet from us. For once, I did agree with Five that the old man really looked suspicious. I wondered what they were talking about.

Suddenly, Luther stopped walking while old Five continued. Our brother started walking again, however, when he was by our side.

_"Hey brother, sister. How you two doing?"-He greeted us, and I raised a brow at his behavior. Yeah, now something was definitely up.

_"He's gonna kill me, isn't he?"-Five asked, pretty directly. I widened my eyes at the boy, and unconsciously hugged his arm tighter.

_"What? What, him? He's gonna kill you? Yeah, right. That's ridiculous."

_"Oh my god, he is."-I mentally facepalmed and sighed.

_"You know, you're a terrible liar, Luther. You're a worse liar than you're a spotter."

_"Okay, who's fault is that? What good is having a spotter if you won't listen to him? Look at Y/n, she's practically dying of embarrassment."-Luther whisper shouted and pointed at me. I shrugged, since I couldn't even deny that.

_"So you admit you're conspiring against me?"-I looked at my feet for a second, watching the stairs we were walking down, thinking about what plan Luther and old Five had.

_"Do...do you admit that you're suffering from paradox psychosis?"

_"All I'm suffering from is bracing clarity about you and your murderous intentions!"