CHAPTER 33

CHAPTER 33: Don’t touch me.

You walked with Peniel down to the road, to the local supermarket. It was never awkward with him, you always had comfortable silence. But for some reason, there was tension in the air.

“What will you do after your promotions for this new song?” you asked, breaking the silence. 

“Um… I think we’ll be having a break for a few months before working on a mini album or something.”

You nodded, “That’s pretty cool.”

The best thing about Peniel was that you could talk to each other in English. The two of you would say things and find it funny – it was like your ‘thing’.

It went silent again, but a little less awkward.

“Oh! We’re here!” you said, pointing at the building. You tried to play it cute and pulled his arm like a little kid. You saw him smile a little bit which made you feel much better.

“Hmm… American bread.” You said, tapping your foot as he picked out a loaf of bread. 

“Oppa! I want to go and look at lollipops and chocolate, okay?” you said, skipping off already. You felt a strong arm encircle your waist, pulling you back. You found yourself facing Peniel, who was looking into your eyes. Your face turned a light pink.

“Um… Do you not want me to go and look at sweets?” you asked. He just sighed and released you from his embrace.

“No, I just wanted you to wait for me.” He smiled cutely, sending your heart into a faster pace.

“Oh, okay.” You smiled back, walking towards the next aisle. You felt his fingers intertwine with yours as you stopped to look at the variety. You knew you shouldn’t have let him get away with it, but there was something about the way your hands fit into his perfectly.

You decided that you would buy some jelly crystals and gummy bears for dessert tonight.

“Are you going to make it?” he said, smiling at you and swinging your hand back and forth.

“Yup! I hope that everyone enjoys it!” you smiled as you arrived at the counter. He pulled out his wallet and paid for all of it while you had turned to look at the magazines by the conveyor belt.

“Huh? Oppa! I should pay for the jelly and gummy bears since they’re mine!” you pouted as he took the plastic bag from the cashier.