Chapter 1: Telephone

Jungkook was a grumpy college student. He have a few friends but still didn't want to trust them. They knew his arrogant side but he barely mind it. He wants to mind own his business as usual.

"Jungkook!" His friend, Jimin called him and stand beside him.

"Why, hyung?" Jungkook responded sighing.

"Nothing, I just want to ask you what are you going to do in summer break?" Jimin asked his arm around Jungkook's shoulder.

"I don't know, I might be staying in the house the whole summer break." Jungkook replied while they were walking in the hallway.

"That's so boring." Jimin scoffed.

"How about you, hyung? Where are you going?" Jungkook asked.

"Nowhere too." Jimin chuckled.

"Just talk to the wall instead." Jungkook sighed shaking his head.

"Why don't you ask your mom? I'm sure they will bring you somewhere, they were always planning for you." Jimin replied.

"They will surely bring me to Daegu again." Jungkook sighed.

"Daegu? Is that true? I wanna go there." Jimin squealed.

"Yes, why hyung?" Jungkook asked.

"I want to go there, Yoongi hyung was also going there. Accept that, Jungkook, I will go with you." Jimin said excitedly.

"I don't want to, hyung, I've nothing to do in that place." Jungkook soughed.

"Come on, I know Daegu isn't that tourist place but it's better if we experience new stuff. So please, let's go there." Jimin begged.

"You just want to cling and stalk Yoongi hyung that's why you want to come there." Jungkook mocked.

"You're right tho, I want to get close to him. Besides, we barely hang out together." Jimin whines.

"Okay, fine." Jungkook uttered in defeat.

"Yesss! Thank you, Jungkook, pick me up at my house, okay? I'll wait for you." Jimin giggled squeezing Jungkook's body.

Jungkook went home to his parent's house.

"Jungkook, do you want to eat?" His mom asked while preparing the dishes.

"No thanks, mom, I'm still full." Jungkook responded.

"Ah, tomorrow is your summer break, right? Your dad wants you to visit your grandfather and of course to check if he's still doing fine." His mom stated, her lips forming on a thin.

"In Daegu again, right?" Jungkook sighed.

"Yes, I'm so sorry, Jungkook. I know you want to travel around and outside of this country but your dad insisted. Besides, I'm sure your grandfather wants to see you." His mom replied.

"As if I have any choices." Jungkook muttered rolling his eyes and went upstairs.

Since it was summer break, his parents forced him to stay in Daegu for a while and live in his grandfather's house. He doesn't want to but he doesn't have any choice tho. And of course, Jimin will come with him so it would be less boring.

"Say hello to dad when you arrive there, okay?" His mom uttered while he was packing his stuff.

Jungkook simply hummed in response, putting the strap of the bag on his shoulder and picking up his phone, texting Jimin that he will go to his house.

"Go now, I'm sure Jimin was waiting for you." His mom added.

Jungkook smiled at her in response.

"Call me as soon as you arrive, have a nice trip." His mom added.

He nodded his head and left the house. He got inside the car with the driver inside.

"Let's go, now." Jungkook said sitting on the chair while leaning his head on the backseat.

The driver started to drive while Jungkook was just watching the scenery outside.

He didn't even notice that they arrived at Jimin's house.

"Hey, Jungkook ah!" Jimin grinned getting inside the car.

"Let's go." Jungkook told his driver.

And the ride started once again with Jimin being talkative, excited to meet Yoongi.

Later on, they arrived in Daegu, his grandfather welcomed him with his maid.

"My, my grandson, you are so handsome. I didn't expect to see you bulking up like this." His grandfather said with a smile on his lips.

"Hello to you too, grandpa." Jungkook smiled, bowing his head.

"You were so small when the last time I see you. Let's go inside, Michael help him with his luggage." His grandfather said.

Michael helps him to carry their luggage.

"Oh, who is he?" His grandfather asked noticing the small mochi behind Jungkook.

"Ah, he's Park Jimin, my friend, and classmate." Jungkook introduced him moving aside.

"Hi sir, it's nice to meet you." Jimin smiled bowing his head.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you too. You're cute, by the way, let's get inside and I'll show you the room."

Jungkook got inside the old yet delightful mansion. He barely visits his grandfather due to his busy schedule. He's close with him but he just felt a bit awkward.

"Are you hungry? Do you want to eat something?" His grandfather asked when they got inside.

"I'm fine, by the way, may I use a bathroom? I felt itchy after the whole ride and I'm kind of tired today." Jungkook responded.

"Sure, son, Michael will lead you to your and your friend's room. And just call the maid if you need something." His grandfather retorted.

"Thank you, grandpa." Jungkook uttered.

"Follow me, sir." Michael said leading Jungkook upstairs.

Jungkook and Jimin followed him, he lead them to the second room and opened the door.

"This is your room, sir. Just call me if you have a problem here." Michael said moving aside.

"Okay, thank you." Jungkook retorted.

"Wow, this is such a big room." Jimin said sitting on the bed.

Michael left, Jungkook sighed in relief and sat down on the bed. He was roaming his eyes until he saw the old telephone, settled on the round table. He ignored it since he wants to take a quick shower.

"I'll take shower." Jungkook said and Jimin hummed while trying the old phone on the table.

He went inside the bathroom and takes a bath. When he did clean himself, he wrapped the towel around his waist while his wet hair dripped on the floor. He left the bathroom but he can't help but have an interest in the old telephone.

"That phone doesn't work, don't even try to use it." Jimin said.

He got inside the bathroom to take a quick shower also. It was already 12:00 am.

Jungkook walked to the table, looking at the old telephone. He saw a number imprinted on it. He rotated the phone to dial the number. He put the telephone in his ear and he can't believe it was ringing.

"Hello"

To his surprise, someone answered it. He was mesmerized by the deep velvety voice of the person on the other line. He was taken aback and swallowed his saliva. He was confused, Jimin just told him that the phone wasn't working but how?