𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐎𝐧𝐞

"You know how I feel about the Empire. But these stripes..." She points to her badge on the table. "Mean there are rules I need to follow," Din sighs before taking a shaky breath.

"They have Kenna and the kid," Cara glares at him in disbelief, her mouth agape.

~~~

"You have something I want. You have what is rightful mine,"

"You may think you have some idea of what you are in possession of. But you do not,"

"In a few moments, they'll be mine,"

"They mean more to me than you will ever know," Gideon continues.

"Hand her over, now,"

~~~

"The child is gone. Kenna is gone,"

"You would give up so easily on them?"..."Until they are returned to you safely, we are in your debt,"

~Now~

"I'll get him, you stay here," Cara says before exiting the Slave One with the mission to retrieve Mayfeld. Din lets out a shaky breath before sitting down across from Fennec while Boba stands at guard near the top of the ramp.

"We'll get them back," Fennec tries to comfort with a strained smile but to no avail. "It's an easy job, get this prisoner, get the information and then get the kid and princess back,"

"It's not the mission I'm concerned about," Din snaps. "It's her," Boba tilts his head slightly to listen to the conversation. "They've been hunting her for years and now they have her...I can't imagine what she's going through," He places his helmet in his hands. "I don't want to imagine-"

"What you're thinking is probably worse than what is happening,"

"How are you so certain?"

"They need her alive," Boba speaks up, rifle in his hands. "They need her alive and healthy," He clears his throat. "The only torture they can do continuously is psychological," He turns his head. "And we all know how strong-willed she is, especially when she knows we are alive,"

"Precisely, she has hope that you will save her," Fennec adds.

"Unless they found a way to convince her you are dead," Boba says darkly. "They could've made a replica of your pouldron...armour...helmet or even head," Din cocks his head in Boba's direction. "Smear that in blood, she'll never know-"

"Boba!" Fennec shouts, throwing a blaster at his head. "That's not helping!"

"Sorry," Boba mumbles. "It's just facts," Din groans and rests his head on the wall behind him.

"I just want her to be safe...after bringing her back to life recently I-"

"You did what?" Boba turns back around.

"I...She died...Ahsoka and the kid brought her back using the force,"

"Mhm...and how do you know that what you brought back is 100% pure Kenna?" Boba quips.

"I..." Din hasn't got an answer.

"You should know Mando...sometimes things gotta stay dead," He readjusts his blaster rifle. "Do you even know how she felt about being brought back?"

"She was happy,"

"You sure? Or was she just happy because you wanted her to be happy? You wanted everything back to normal so you skipped over all the consequences,"