↻1.4

"it's fine jaem

"it's fine jaem. i'm feeling well and i'm very fine" jaerin spoke as jaemin guided her to go downstairs.

jaemin was so worried about his sister screaming while sleeping and he's been with her ever since. it made him so anxious and because of this, he just wanted to stay by his little sister's side.

heaving a deep sigh, he looked at jaerin with a worried expression. "you're fine but you woke up with cold sweat? please, jaerin, take care of yourself"

"fine. but in one condition" she smiled softly at her brother, her smile was as beautiful as jaemin's and jaemin adored her sister smiling, it cheers him up.

"what is it?" he asked, watching his sister go closer to him.

suddenly jaerin tackled jaemin into a headlock then to a hug when he felt jaemin continuously hitting her arm as he was losing breath. "cuddle with me tonight?"

"oh shut up"

"please? brother? i've been having bad dreams eversince mom and dad passed away. and i can't sleep comfortably at night, that's why i wake up with cold sweat and sometimes tears in my eyes" their parents died over a car accident last year, it was hard for them of course, but they learned to help each other and trust each other more.

"jaer? why didn't you tell me?" jaemin was worried of course, his sister was precious to her and he doesn't want jaerin to be harmed in any way possible.

"i didn't want you to worry, it feels like i've been a pain in your ass and i'm too reliant of you"

"that's natural jaer. i'm your older brother and as you're older brother i will take care of you whether you're a pain in the ass or not. i've always wanted a little sister and now that you're here, you're my source of energy. now, be careful, okay? promise me"

she scoffed and smiled, she was always like this. at first, she'd show as if she doesn't care but slowly shows what she truly feels. "okay, i promise you brother"

"that's my little bunny. and of course i'll cuddle with you, you know that i love cuddles"

jaemin has always called her little bunny, he remembered how their parents told him that he'll have a little sister, he was so happy. though they were only two years apart, he always thought about the clip of him reacting to having a baby sister.

(a/n: before people call me out, i have a 2 year old sister and she portrays her emotions very well already. she can also speak too but she's definitely not good at it yet!! and i have two cousins that were really good at speaking at the age of 2, so yeah, my experience with them inspired me when i wrote this chapter honestly :) that's all!)

"thank you" jaerin hugged jaemin back, snuggling onto his chest. they've always loved cuddles, it releases stress. "oh and jaem i don't have any classes today, can i please come with you to training?"

"just because you already know that i'm in a gang doesn't mean you can train there"

how did jaerin know? jaerin was bored and decided to follow her brother secretly and they somehow met at the headquarters, where renjun was so close to shooting her but jaemin quickly saved jaerin when he saw her. jaerin quickly accepted jaemin's job because she knew that being in a gang somehow makes jaemin happy.

"but taeyong lets me train" she striked back, looking at him with a questionable look. she had her left eyebrow up and lips puckered. jaemin then jokingly, slightly pushed her head but jaerin made it more dramatic by completely throwing herself.

"well that's taeyong hyung and i'm na jaemin"

"sure nana"

"HEY YOU'RE NANA TOO"

"so can i come?"

"arghh fine"

"omg yey!!"

"now go get ready"

that's how they are everyday, they bicker everyday and to be very honest, they both enjoy it a lot. for them, it strengthens their bond as siblings and they also considered it as a part of their 'sibling time'.

jaerin clasped her hands together with a grin on her face. she loved going to their headquarters and train. with NCT, it feels like her and jaemin found a new family. she then called out jaemin, remembering the dream she had last night. "and jaem?"

"hmm?"

"eversince mom and dad died i've been seeing this boy. he's been in all of my dreams but i don't even know who he is" she replied, scared that it wouldn't make sense to her brother.

jaemin looked at her with a blank expression while holding the pan with eggs. "is that so?"

"yes" jaerin answered making jaemin nodded as he pressed his lips together.

"you're no longer my little bunny jaerin, you're now someone else's" he walked closer to jaerin with a smile on his face, he just hoped that his sister would have it easier with soulmates.

with jaerin not knowing what jaemin meant, she furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head, looking at her brother in disbelief. "what do you mean?"

"you have your soulmate little bunny"

i love jaerin's personality ngl but dw!! she'll still have her character development yehet