Chapter 6: sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴜʀᴛ

Hope floats away

If you could spend a day in my shoes

Your mind would change

If you knew what I've gone through

We want the same (Yeah, we do)

Maybe then you'd understand

How it hurts to be human (No)

"Hurts 2B Human": Pink

Q: Do you have someone in your life that is your rock?

For the past four days I've tried to contact Sarah and ask her about my car

For the past four days I've tried to contact Sarah and ask her about my car. She never picked up and I was worried and annoyed at the same time.

It wasn't the first time she ignored my calls.

I desperately needed my car because I had to go to my cousin's house on the weekend and the taxi fee was driving me crazy. I could not walk everywhere much less there.

So in my desperate state I got brave and did what probably shouldn't but that was my only choice.

After the fourth tone he answered "Hello?" His voice was hoarse which meant that he was probably asleep and I woke him up which made me feel bad.

"Hi, um...it's me Katherine, I'm sorry that I woke you up!" I heard a big sigh and I felt worse. I woke him up and he was not happy.

"No, it's fine. What can I do for you?" He answered but his tone was flat, clearly not excited to help me. Did I annoy him as much as I annoy my mom?

A lump was forming in my throat. I was still not over my fight with my mom.

She didn't even call to see if I was alright. I meant nothing to her.

"I'll be quick. Did Sarah come to the track these past days?" There was silence for a while and I thought for a moment that he hung up.

"Why?" He asked with a harsh tone.

"I need to talk to her"

"What makes you think that I know where she is?" His accusatory tone was harsh and it stung.

Okay, this is clearly going nowhere. I was tired and still feeling like shit. Him talking like that was not helping.

I was not in the mood nor did I have the strength to keep talking.

It was clear that I was a bother to him too. I took a deep breath and did what I knew wouldn't hurt anymore.

"Right. Thank you, have a nice day" With that I hung up without giving him a chance to answer.