Chapter 26: Parting Ways

"As excited as I am," Hide cleared his throat. His crimson eyes refused to maintain anything besides the man of scars. His tone of voice drew everyone out of the reunion, as it was deep and full of the most strained disappointment. "I miss you Touya... I really do..." A pain to pierce his chest much like he had feared. "You... You've contributed to everything the League's done, like kidnapping my damned sister. I'll admit, as did I. I get that you're fixing your mistakes, but at least I didn't run away like you whenever things get tough." Dabi sneered at that last comment. "What?" Hide scoffed in return. "Yeah! I'm fuckin' going there! You've crossed the line even for me! What in the hell are you planning?"

"Something I should've done a long time ago," Dabi's glare was deafening. Nobody here was exactly sure what it meant. Was it remorse? Anger? Annoyance maybe? "I'm a villain, yes, but everything the League is doing goes against my beliefs more so now than when either of us joined. I thought Shigaraki was better than this and I'll admit I was wrong to put all my eggs in one basket."

So he finally admits it... Hide scoffed, "So... You're just gonna ignore how I'm involved in all this? How your family's involved too? You were totally okay with everything up until then. Correct me if I'm wrong," Hide crossed his arms. He was edging Dabi on, and yet, he wasn't getting any rise over the ravenette. "If you think everything you're doing is gonna smooth things over, forget about it! I wouldn't just let the League kidnap my sister, if I were in your shoes, I'd kill myself before leaving my brother on the verge of death!!! Just look at what you did!" Hide stomped over to Shoto, of whom had been frozen in place trying to comfort (Y/n), and pulled the boy's shirt nearly above his head. Upon seeing Shoto's stomach, a dark patch of stitched up flesh, Dabi's fierce expression melted away to that of disbelief. The response Hide had been waiting for. "You're my best friend Touya... I see you as a brother to me... I know you're better than this."

"I love..." Dabi smirked. It was unsettling, "I love how... You're pointing all the fingers at me. At least... I didn't fake my death, run away, change my name-"

"Go on," Hide challenged. "I've done wrong too, Touya! But at least I'm not here plotting my own death unlike your scarred ass! If you think you're going back to the League after this, it's your damned funeral!"

"Your point is?" Dabi growled.

"Quit ignoring your damn brother and come home," Hide shook his head. "If you're truly sorry for everything you've done, show it. I don't think you're risking your ass for (Y/n) because you want to. It's for me and Shoto, Right? Am I wrong? You genuinely don't give a damned about her-"

Dabi stood there in silence unwilling to comment on anything but he couldn't let Hide finish that last strike. "We need to get out of here before it's too late..."

"Dancing around the truth huh?" Hide huffed. "But at least you said we instead of me."

"Let's go..." Dabi threw up his hood in a shaky breath. "We've wasted enough time as it is..."

The group had begun the trek back to UA for the time being. Hide and Dabi remained in the back. Neither of them talked yet they remained close to one another. When the time felt right, being that the air wasn't as thick as it was before, Kirishima broke the air with a light yet urgent tap to Shoto's shoulder. "That's your brother dude?" The boy's eyes kept interchanging between Shoto and the villain in disbelief. He say the similarities but also a mountain of differences.

Shoto grinned, "his name's Touya."

"Touya..." (Y/n) grinned as well. "Without him, I'd be dead."

"I never did get to ask," Shoto hummed, locking eyes with (Y/n). "You look... Horrible."

"Way to give the welcome wagon," (Y/n) snickered.