65. Beginning of The War

Arianna's P.O.V

It was Carol.

"Who is it?" Aiden asked as I showed him the screen before picking it up.

"Carol, what happened-" I was cut off by a loud gasp from the other side.

"Arianna something is really wrong over here. I thought I saw some unknown people walk inside in the morning who seemed to be looking around for someone. That was when I noticed their arms. They had the Black Streets tattoo. I rushed to the surveillance team room just to find all of them shot down dead with dead bodies and blood all over."

"What?" I let out a short scream as Aiden looked at me with alert and worry.

"I think this place has been infiltrated by them. I need you two to go to the airport immediately while I try to get Noah out of here. Meantime you two need to get out of there as soon as possible. If they can reach here means they can track you too." She spoke hurriedly as fear laced her tone.

"Carol how can I just walk away, you need help!" I protested exasperatedly.

"Arianna listen to me! At this point the safety of Aiden, Noah and most importantly you is the main objective. I can handle here. The leader of Reine needs to be alive more than me. You have to listen to me!" She said firmly as I shook my head vigorously while Aiden just stared at me with panic.

I was about to reply back when a loud bang broke out through the phone as it went dead silent.

"Hello? HELLO?! Carol?!" I screamed in my phone to see the call already disconnected.

"What happened?!" Aiden asked worriedly.

"You need to go to the airport right now. Take a cab and reach there fast. Just go there and mention me and my plane will be ready. I will send Noah there in some time and I want you two to get in the plane and fly away." I said hurriedly as I ran towards the road.

"What do you mean you and Noah? Why am I getting in a cab? Where are you going?" Aiden asked as I shook my head, looking around for a cab.

"I need to get to the hotel. There has been a breach and an attack." I gasped out as his eyes widened. I was about to call upon the cab coming closer when Aiden's hand closed around my wrist in a death grip.

"I am not going without you. I am coming to the hotel too." He said firmly.

"Absolutely not! You are going to the airport right now and I don't want any sort of conversation on this."

"Then let's not have any. But I am coming with you too."

"You can't Aiden! Don't you get it? I can't let you come with me in a place where there is no guarantee of life or death! I won't let you!" I screamed at him as his stormy eyes glared at me.

"And I can't let you go in such a place alone." He said in a deathly low tone as I cried out in frustration.

"Stop being a fucking kid for a second Aiden and please understand! I can't let you. You know I can't. I am already getting late with every passing second!" I pleaded with him.

"I don't care if I sound fucking unreasonable at the moment Arianna. Either I am coming or you aren't going too. Make you choice."

"AIDEN!"

"You know I mean it. Don't waste time." He said lowly, his hand still clutching mine. Letting out a low growl of anger and frustration I finally caved in.

"Fine come with me. But you aren't leaving my side even for a side and I am driving." I said quickly as I rushed inside the car while Aiden sat beside me.