44 | Elvira

Song listed at the top: Nothing Without you by The Weeknd (To be put on after the divider)

"Melrose Avenue please." He speaks while keeping eye contact with me.

It feels familiar having him look at me like that. Like he always did. Yet I can't make out what is even happening because here he is sitting right in front of me after disappearing for two weeks, clearly fulfilling my wish.

A freshly pressed navy-blue suit with a white undershirt and just as dark blue tie. His hair neatly slicked back as if he is going somewhere important because he always just used to rush a hand quickly in his hair to tame it. 

"Elvira." He nods at me but it seems restrained like he wanted to say something more or more like wanted to call me something else. He quickly turns around before going on his phone while I stare at him in silence. 

"Zane." I utter once more in a whisper, dazed. It's like my mind and heart are working separately because although I didn't want to look like I missed him, I did. 

He looks up again, the soft twinkle appearing this time in his eyes. The same one he always had, and still does.

"Are you going to want to split the price of the taxi now?" He asks scoffing, giving me a weird look and that is when I get why he said that.

I said that to him the first time we met. In a taxi. Just like today. 

Before I can even stop myself or think properly, I smile. And I don't even regret it. Just having Zane here makes me feel giddy all over again. I don't have it in me to hold grudges against people and I never do, I forgive too easily so the fact that I even love him, still do, means that forgiving Zane came like a breeze.

I just want him to realise he can't do that again. He needs to make me trust him again.

"Yes. You seem like you would need it actually." I retort back with the same smile still on my face.

He closes his eyes before chuckling and shaking his head. 

"Do you even know who I am?" He repeats his words, looking at me with a tilt of his head and a very clear taunting smirk present. But I put a thinking face.

"Yes. I remember now. You were my taxi driver few months ago," his face falls as he narrows his eyes at me as if the idea alone is absurd.

"Taxi driver?" He repeats slowly, I nod. 

It's the same bickering, like we never took that break from each other for two weeks. Like he didn't break my trust and I didn't give my heart to him. Before being my lover, before being someone I deeply cared about. It doesn't feel different. 

"Yes-"

I am pulled closer to him by a firm grip on my wrist. His face just few inches away from mine as I fail to think about why I should push him away. But I still let him to see what he would say.