Welcome Home, Theseus

"I've had quite a bit of time to myself lately." I said to the young boy. We walked along the snow fallen ground across small mountains and past the local village. "And well, let's just say, I've been well, invested in a project of sorts."

"What kind of 'project'?" Tommy asked. He walked by my right side, kicking up stones and snow in his path.

"You'll see." I responded. We walked in silence for more than ten minutes, which was surprising, considering I was walking with Tommy. Dream must have done some pretty messed up stuff to his head.

And my sister was living with him?

I was letting my sister live with him?

It made my blood boil to think that someone who had tried to use her curse against her, was now her roommate.

I sighed.

She was old enough to protect herself now. She had wits, and I had taught her what I knew. She'll be fine.

At least that's what I tell myself.

We came upon a large flat sided mountain. Rough stone and dirt covered the terrain in front of us and above us. I walked over to the right side, and dusted the dirt and snow off, revealing a small stone button.

"What the-" Tommy began.

I pushed the stone button in with two fingers, and a mass of machinery went to work. Weeks of agonizing metal work went into constructing the hidden entrance to my latest project. However that looked like nothing compared to the time put into what was inside. The wall slowly collapsed revealing walls upon walls of wither skeleton heads. Chests full of supplies lined the sides of the room, filled with powerful supplies. It took much time and sweat to gather what lay in front of us. Wither skeletons usually fall into a pile of dust when killed, so harvesting their skulls was tedious to say the least.

"Welcome home, Theseus!" I spoke, quoting an old tale I had learned about back at the castle.

Tommy looked like a ghost.

"Holy shit-" Tommy spoke. "W-why?"

"Tommy. The nation and government of L'Manberg has torn us both down and rejected us. Taken your prized possessions away from you. Split me and my sister apart." I said. "You know the power and destruction one of the ancient Wither's can cause. How about a hundred?!"

I breathed heavily.

Tommy looked around the room of horrors I had created.

"But- why?" Tommy asked. "I know that there have been times when government had screwed us both over, but Technoblade-"

"A total reset." I spoke, interrupting the young boy. "Everything, gone. No power, no presidents, no exile, nothing."

"But then they'll just rebuild it all." Tommy spoke. "I thought you of all people would know that history always repeats itself."

This made me freeze. History repeating itself. My sister had told me what had happened once I left her. And now, we were apart again. Would that mean...? No. Why am I listening to the words of this... this boy? He hasn't lived through true history.

"And what about y/n?" Tommy asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"What about her?" I asked, eyebrow raised.

"Technoblade, open your eyes! You're constructing a plan that consists of using the strongest of all wither mobs! Do you not see what's wrong with that?!" Tommy yelled.

He was right. I'd be putting y/n at life-threatening risk. How could I be so blind? To disregard my sisters curse, and try and use the one thing that could kill her against the nation she was residing in.

I'd have to rethink some aspects of my plan.

"Wait..." I spoke. "How do you know about y/n?"

Tommy stepped back, his face showing evident guilt. The only thing he could have found that out from was directly from my sister, or from my private journals.

"Tommy..." I spoke, dangerously. "Did you read my private logs?"

"What?! No... I mean, yes, but- no!" Tommy stammered. "Okay. Listen. I already knew about Y/N and her royalty stuff. When she got trapped in the nether, Tubbo and I looked for a way to get her out, and he told me about her curse and how she got here with us. Tubbo was her closest friend at the time, and only he knew. But, times were stressful, and he accidentally slipped and told me. The whole wither being a counter against curses, well, that I sort of picked up piece by piece. When Y/N came back from the nether, she was a reck. We found her stumbling around in the forest, barely concious. She was muttering about Dream and the nether, and skeletons. We brought her to the medical room, and she slept for several hours. In Radom intervals, she would shout out as if she was in pain, and say something regarding wither skeletons. Wilbur thought it was just a nightmare, and at the time so did I. Later on, when I saw y/n again in exile, we talked about several things, and when I asked her what had happened when Dream had kidnapped her, and when she was trapped in the nether, there was always some sort of detail she hated talking about, so she would fidget, and skip over it. I had a hunch that there was something scaring her, but I never knew for sure."

I sighed. My sister had been through so much more than she had told me about. I mean, she had confided in this frail blond-haired boy more than she had ever in me. At least since I had left the castle.

"That still doesn't answer my question." I spoke.

"OKAY YES!" Tommy blurted out "I read the stupid thing, but only to confirm my suspicions."

I sighed. Tommy wasn't like others. Sure, he was the most annoying living thing on the planet, but he wasn't reading my private journal because he was nosey, or because he had bad intentions. He was doing it because he cared about my sister. I couldn't be angry at him for that.

"Who else knows about the effects of wither on her?" I asked.

"Well um, from what I've gathered...." Tommy spoke "pretty much everyone who's ever helped Dream."

"Oh god.." I murdered. If that many people knew how to hurt my sister, they could use her pain and suffering to get to me. I couldn't let that happen.

"Thank you Tommy." I said "now let's go back home. I've got a lot to think about."

"Alright, but before we do," Tommy spoke "is it really true? Can wither actually kill her?"

"Yes, Tommy. Trust me I know. And it's the worst way anyone can die." I said.

"But I thought she was like, immortal or something." Tommy said.

"No one lives forever Tommy. No one is all powerful." I said. "There's weakness in everyone."

__________________________

Y/N was sitting alone at Dream's house, sewing a torn piece of fabric when a loud knock came from outside. She wasn't worried, most everyone around was decent enough. Anyone that wasn't would leave her alone due the simple fact that she lived with Dream.

She walked to the large wooden door and unlocked the metal latch, opening the door. There, leaning against the doorframe was Quackity. He looked down to her belt, and noticed the lack of a sword, or any mechanism of defense for that matter. Y/N instinctively stepped back.

"Hello, Y/N." He said, smiling. "Is Dream around?"

Y/N sighed, thinking that's why he was here.

"No, not right now, sorry." She said, leaning over to close the door. Quackity slammed his arm in the way. He sleeve slid back, revealing his tattoo that showed the missing life Technoblade has stolen from him.

"Perfect." He said.