Sam Wilson x Reader - Stranger

Y/N's P.O.V.

I sat at the bar, looking at the drink in my hand, completely lost in my thoughts when someone sat down beside me, pulling me back to reality.
He was tall, dark and handsome, with a charming smile and a flirtatious look on his face.

"Hey." The stranger smiled as I brought my glass up to my lips, taking a sip.

"Hi." I replied after a moment. He leaned against the bar, looking me up and down.

"I, uh- can I get you a drink?" He asked hopefully, making me laugh a little to myself.

"I prefer to buy my own drinks, but thanks for the offer." His smile faltered a little at that and I looked around the busy bar, hoping to see a familiar face to help me out of this situation, but it looked like I had to bail myself out of this one.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Are you here with someone?" The guy asked, looking around, just as I had moments before.

"No, but I'm waiting for someone. Sorry." I gave him a sympathetic smile and he stood up.

"No, I'm sorry. I should have guessed a pretty girl like you was taken." He gave me a wink and I felt my cheeks grow slightly warm.
"He's a lucky guy. I hope you don't have to wait too long." He gave me a genuine smile, before leaving me alone and more than a little shocked. I turned back to the bar, pulling out my phone to check the time. I was still early, even after finishing half a drink.
I waited a little longer, finishing off my drink and just as I was about to order another, someone next to me waved the bartender over.

"I'll take a Buck and a... vodka sidecar, for the lady." He gestured towards me and I raised an eyebrow. The bartender nodded and started on the drinks as the man sat down.
"What's up? I'm Sam." He smirked at me and for a moment, my breath got caught in my throat.

"Y/N." I muttered.
"A vodka sidecar?"

"You look like a classy lady. A classy lady gets a classy drink." I scoffed at that as Sam paid for the drinks as they were put down in front of us. I picked it up, taking a small drink.
"You like?"

"It just so happens to be one of my favourite drinks." I shrugged and he smiled, clearly very proud of himself.

"So, what is a lovely lady like yourself doing in a dump like this?" Sam asked, taking a drink.

"Waiting for my boyfriend." I sighed and he raised an eyebrow.
"I showed up a little early, but now... he's late."

"I'm sorry to hear that." Sam frowned.
"This guy must mean a lot to you if you're showing up early to a place like this."

"Yeah, we met here." I laughed a little.
"He thew his drink over me and ruined my favourite dress. As an apology, he gave me his jacket and walked me home. The next day he showed up at my house and offered to take me shopping to replace the dress he ruined."

"He sounds like a sweet guy." I nodded my head, smiling.
"I bet he's good looking too. Chocolate eyes... charming smile... toned abs... sweet, sweet ass..."

"You're such a dork." I laughed.

"I bet he's great in bed too-" I smacked his arm, making him laugh and shift closer, wrapping his arms around me and kissing me
"Happy 3 year anniversary, baby." Sam whispered.

"Happy anniversary, Sam." I kissed his cheek.
"Pretending to be a stranger in a bar? I never expected that from you."

"What can I say? I'm full of surprises." He kissed my head and I rolled my eyes.
"Talking of... let's get dinner at that place you like."

"I thought we were going home after a couple of drinks? Don't you have work tomorrow? Important Avengers meetings and such?" I asked, half-teasingly.

"The Avengers can wait. You're my first priority and I'm taking you out for dinner."

"Well..." I sighed dramatically.
"If you absolutely insist. I'm sure I could spare a few hours to have dinner with you, Mr. Wilson."

~

"I cannot believe you just did that!" I laughed, wiping the tears from my eyes. Sam sighed, rolling his eyes as we walked down the street, hand in hand.
Shortly after we had finished our meals and we were leaving the restaurant, Sam walked straight into a waitress, spilling her tray of drinks all over her and the floor. The act itself was funny, but Sam's embarrassed reaction, along with him falling on some of the spilled liquids made me laugh harder than it should have.

"Alright, alright. You've made your jokes. Are you done yet?" He looked at me and I hesitated, before nodding. He let out a breath and we continued on our late night walk.

"You're not gonna make that waitress fall in love with you too, are you?" I asked teasingly and Sam stopped, looking at me.
"Are you gonna buy her a new uniform and take her out for breakfast? Write your number down on the palm of her hand like you did with me-" I let out a screech as Sam suddenly picked me up, throwing me over one of his broad shoulders.
"Sam!" I laughed, hitting his back.
"Put me down!" My laughter turned into giggles as he paid no attention to my struggling.
After a few moments, I noticed the pavement he was walking on turn to grass and I turned to look around.
"Are we at the park?" I asked, confused. When I got no response, my confusion turned into concern.
"Sam?" I asked warily and he sighed, before placing me back down on my feet. I closed my eyes as a wave of dizziness washed over me and when I opened my eyes again, Sam was knelt down in front of me.

"Y/N..." He pulled out a small box, containing a beautiful ring and I covered my mouth with my hand in shock.
"You know I'm no good at this sort of thing, but I love you. I think I've loved you since the day I met you. You're amazing, talented, sexy, funny, intelligent and, without a doubt, the love of my life. I want to wake up next to you every day for the rest of our lives. I love you, Y/N. Will you Marry me?"

"I..." My eyes burned with tears.
"I don't even know what to say." I whispered.

"How about yes?" Sam asked hopefully, making me let out a choked laugh.

"Yes, of course it's a yes, Sam! I just..." I shook my head and he got up, kissing me. I kissed him back, my hands on his shoulders.

"That's all you need to say."