twenty two

"You're gonna need us on this one, Master" Anakin said as the three walked down the hall. Obi-Wan's hand was on Lalla's lower back as they walked.

"Oh, I agree. However, it may turn out just to be a wild bantha chase, which is why only Lalla is coming" He replied making Anakin and Lalla roll their eyes.

"Master" Lalla whined a bit, knowing he wasn't taking this seriously. He gently pinched the side of her waist, making her jump slightly as he kept his eyes on Anakin. He glanced at her once, the look almost scolding her as she quickly looked toward the ground. It was as if her face was permanently red now around him.

"I've disappointed you. I haven't been very appreciative of your training. I've been arrogant and I apologize. Ive just been so frustrated with the council" Anakin said making Obi-Wan stop and turn toward him. Lalla turned with him, not exactly by choice.

"You are strong and wise, Anakin, and I am very proud of you" Obi replied after a moment, a smile growing on his face.

"I have trained you and your sister since you were very small. I have taught you both everything I know. And you have both become far greater Jedi than I could ever hope to be"

Lalla looked up at him, a small smile resting on her face as she listened to him speak. She watched Anakin smile, looking down toward his feet.

"May the force be with you" Anakin said before turning toward Lalla. He quickly wrapped his arms around her waist, picking her up slightly and holding her tightly.

"I love you" he mumbled into her neck, a she held him just as tight. He put her down hesitatingly, his hands moving to her shoulders.

"I love you more Ani. Please, please don't do anything stupid" She practically begged. He nodded as her hands came up to rest on his cheeks.

"Trust me when I tell you this. You can't trust the chancellor. If you really trust me, you'll believe with this okay?" She said, him nodding quickly as she pulled his head down and kissed his forehead.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do" She said finally before stepping away from him. He nodded sending her a smile as she smiled back. Her dimples were evident as she did so. He looked at her fondly before turning away, just missing it as Lalla's hand was grabbed by Obi-Wan's.

"Fortunately, most of the cities are concentrated on this small continent here. On the far side." One of the clone commanders explained to Obi-Wan and Lalla. They stood next to each other, arms crossed in front of their chests as they examined the planet.

"We'll keep them distracted until you get there. Just don't take too long" Obi-Wan replied, teasing the commander lightly as he grabbed Lalla's hand, pulling them both away.

"Come on! When have I ever let you down?" The commander called out to them as they approached their ships.

"Very well. The burden is on us not to destroy all the droids until you arrive" Obi responded while chuckling a bit. As he spoke he pulled Lalla behind his ship with him, pushing her up against it as she looked at him with wide eyes.

"Stay close to me and be smart" Was all he said before bringing his head down and pressing his lips to hers. She practically melted into him as he held her by the waist.

"Don't crash your ship" She breathed out as they pulled away, her quickly turning out of his grip and jogging over to her ship. She climbed into it without looking back, not wanting him to see her giddy smile.

"Brat" Obi mumbled to himself as a small smile rested on his face. He watched her climb into her ship before walking around his and climbing in.

Lalla put on her headset as she sat down, turning the ship on and looking over the controls. She watched from the corner of her eye as Obi-Wan did the same, his ship lifting off the ground quite quickly. She did the same, following closely behind him as they lifted out of the cruiser.