Chapter 17

Chapter 17-
Jaxson's POV:

That conversation with Carolina was a lot harder then I thought it would be. I didn't want to tell her she can't help me but how else am I supposed to make sure she isn't involved in this. 

In the history on Werewolves there have been Kings that lose their Queens very early in their relationship because they were to caught up in the happiness being mated causes. And I almost made the same mistake. The only reason I didn't lose Carolina was cause the attacker wasn't meant to kill her that day. 

From the cameras around the room we were able to see who the lady was and identify her. 

Her name is Jane Evens, she was in the Black Moon pack but was Rouged because of attempted murder of her own mate. 

I reached out to the Alpha there to let him know we have spotted her and ask for more information but he came back with about the same information I had. Which wasn't surprising. 

In the video I can see her say something to Carolina, I just haven't got up the courage to ask her about it. Carolina seems to be ok mentally after that attack. She is strong, and even though it is sad to say, she has probably been through worst. 

I could feel Carolina was on the first floor now, but I couldn't hear anything else but my own quick typing. 

I was so focused the sound of the front door bell shocked me. I took a beep breath before moving to the door 

As I walked out I saw Carolina was already at the door and opened it. Some kinda fear hit me that made me afraid of who might be behind the door. I rushed up behind her to see who it was. 

"Hello?" I hear her say. 

"Hi." I took a beep breath when I heard Ryder's voice. I forgot they were supposed to be here for the week and didn't get to meet her yesterday. "Is Jaxson here?" I heard him ask making me laugh. He could see she was nervous. 

"Yeah, I'm here. I was in my office. How are you Ryder?" I tell them moving right up behind Carolina comforting her a little.

"Doing good, just wanted to check on you guys after what happened yesterday." He said. Now looking behind him I see his betas and his third nodding. "Well come on in." I moved us back and let them walk in. 

"It's all good, they are leaders in a very power pack and long time friends of mine." I whisper to Carolina feeling her tense. 

She relaxes and moves to sit back down in the living room. We follow behind her which seemed to confuse her till I said "They came down to meet you."

"Oh." Was what she said as we all moved around and sat in our places. 

"Are you guys enjoying the pack?" I ask them. 

"Yeah but it was kinda crazy yesterday." Jace said. I didn't realize what all happened yesterday cause most of it after the attack I spent locked up with Carolina. 

But apparently Zack and Tyler made a lot of shifts in the guards and was sending out trackers like I had asked. And a lot of the pack members weren't sure what was going on. 

Carolina's POV:

Jaxson's friends had been sitting with us and talking for about an hour now. They all seemed nice, and Jaxson seemed a lot happier now that they were here. 

I hope to get the confidence to talk to him about it again tonight. Which might be why I wish the time would past slower. Ryder and them stayed till dinner. 

By then I was more comfortable with them, and even Tyler and Zack came as well and that made it feel really full. There was laughing and stories. It felt really nice. 

That was till at the end of the dinner when everyone was leaving and I remembered I needed to talk to Jaxson. 

He shut the door behind them and turned to look at me. He had a content smile on his face. I gave him a smile back and move to him. He wrapped his arms around me and held me to him. This is one of the few times I don't feel tense. 

Instead I felt content. 

He was warm, like how he is every night as I fall asleep. That's probably why I yawn and I push myself a little bit further into him. 

I heard him chuckle and whisper ask me "Can I pick you up so you don't have to walk to the room? You seem sleepy." I lightly giggled and nodded my head. 

He moved and picked me up easily. I wrapped my legs around him holding a little of my weight as well. He carried me while I started thinking of the best way to approach this conversation, that won't make him mad. 

He pushed the door open and placed me down on the soft bed. He moved to the closet and got changed and brought my some clothes to sleep in. 

He laid down next to me, I gripped the shirt in my hand looking down at it nervous. I could feel Jaxson's eyes on me curious. 

"Is everything ok?" He asked sitting up putting his hand over mine. 

"Umm. I just wanted to ask about what we were talking about this morning. I still don't.... understand." I told him shifting in his light hold. 

He groaned placing his head on my shoulder. "I understated you wanna help me, and I really appreciate that, but I need to do this." He told me. 

I was looking at him, he's eyes were filled with worry and just made me want to help him more. To be the strong one some times and not always rely on him. 

"I just wanna help you." I said stupidly. I relaxed myself and cuddled in closer to him. He grabbed my chin, lightly lifting it so I was face to face with him. "Promise me you will let me do this, let me protect you." 

I took a beep breath before saying "As long as you promise me to let me help once it becomes to much." He took a deep breath and placed his head against mine. 

"Anything for you butterfly." 
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|