Chapter eighteen - Broken

"I'm so nervous," George said well pacing back and forth in front of the castle.

They had just arrived back home after their week in Kinoko Kingdom. Karl wrote a letter to George's father about how they were cancelling the engagement because Karl had fallen in love with someone else. Which was true, Karl and Sapnap were now officially dating. Even though it was going to be long-distance for a while. George was happy for them.

Speaking of George, he could finally walk again without being in extreme pain! He had spent two days on bed rest and was mainly all healed up. His shoulder was still bandaged up and he still had a few bruises, but overall, he was doing a lot better, physically that is. Emotionally he was a mess! He knew his father would blame him for the engagement falling through. He was going to be mad and disappointed. George had just barely healed from his last injures, he didn't want anymore. But he had to do this. If not for him then for Dream.

George took a deep breath, "Okay, let's go in."

Dream looked at him cautiously, "Are you sure you want to do this?"

George nodded his head and tried to swallow the frog in his throat.

Well, Bad and Sapnap were busy unloading the carriages, Dream and George made their way inside the castle. As soon as they entered a servant came running up to them "The King has requested your presents in the throne room." He quickly bowed and left. George took another deep breath, trying to prepare himself for whatever may happen. He and Dream slowly made their way to the throne room. Neither of them saying a word. Dream pushed open the huge doors and stood off to the side. George walked up to his father who was seated on his throne.

George didn't dare look up into his father's eyes, so instead, he focused his gaze on the tiled floor. "You called for me father."

He could hear his father spit onto the ground. "I gave you one job." His voice was pure venom. "And of course, you had to go and fuck it up! Not even your looks can save you! Pathetic! You really are useless in all areas of life! I don't know why I thought anyone could learn to love you. You're a broken little boy, and you will never amount to anything. You are stupid and obnoxious. Even after all the books I've given you to read, you still fail at the simplest of tasks." The King stood up and made his way over to George. "Remember when I told you not to disappoint me?" He whispered into the prince's ear. "Well, guess what you just did?" The king looked around the room at all the guards standing guard. "Everyone leave this room this instance. I need to have a private conversation with my son."

All the guards quickly shuffled out of the room, Dream took one more long look at the Prince before turning and leaving the room.

The King let out a big sigh and George gave off a little whimper. The King raised an eyebrow and snickered, "Are you afraid of me, Georgie?" His voice was cold and full of playful hatred.

George just continued to stare down at his feet.

"I know I have a history of hitting you. But don't worry, today's not going to be like that... It's going to be a lot worse." The King pulled out a whip. "Take your shirt off."

George did as he was told and closed his eyes tight, waiting for the impact.

The king began walking around George in a circle. Playing with the whip in his hands. "Since you failed to seduce King Karl. I have already arranged for you to marry someone else. King Quackity, of Las Nevadas. And if you fail me one more time, You won't just be walking out of here with scars." The King raised the whip in the air and brought it down, the first strike. George could feel a sharp pain run through his spine, the whip had ripped some skin off his back, but he bit his tongue and held in the tears the threatened to spill. "It will be the worst thing you've ever experienced!" Second strike. "Do you understand me?"

George nodded his head.

The third strike, "Say it with your words!"

"I-i un-understand..."

"Good, You leave in two days, Heal up before then or else." Fourth strike. "Now get out of my sight!"

George grabbed his shirt, put it back on and immediately left the room. Once he was in the hall He could see Dream walking towards him from the corner of his eye. George couldn't take it anymore, he started sobbing.

Dream's heart broke, He tried to wrap his arms around George's small body but George flinched and backed away.

George was struggling to breathe, "I-i'm s-sorry...I-" The tears kept coming. he could barely see and his back hurt like hell. And he couldn't marry Dream instead he had to marry some guy named Quackity. He was broken. Both physically and emotionally. He didn't know what to do. So he ran. He ran to his room, fall onto his bed and cried. Cried ugly, sickening tears.

George could hear the bedroom door open and feel how the bed shifted as someone sat down beside him. He knew it was Dream. But right now he couldn't bring himself to turn over and look at him. So he stayed facing the wall and sobbed.

Dream didn't know what to do. What had the King done to him? George didn't appear to be injured. What did he say to him? All Dream wanted to do was comfort the boy. He reached over and was about to hug him but stopped himself, remembering what just happened minutes before. "George, can I hug you?" His voice was soft and comforting.

George was still crying uncontrollably, and ever so often a cute little hiccup would escape. "n-no."

"Can I stay here with you?"

George nodded his head.

Dream smiled, "Do you want me to do or get you anything?"

George pointed to the stack of books in the middle of his room.

"Would you like me to read you something?"

"M-mhm," George hiccupped.

Dream walked over to the pile and pulled out Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, "Here, we can read the second book in the series."

Dream sat back down next to George on the bed and started reading.

Dream read to George for two hours until he noticed George's breathing even out. Dream laid down next to the sleeping boy and sang him soft lullabies.