𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍; XLII.

❝  ❞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

❝ ❞
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 Eurydice had refused to be a guard for Isabella Swan and had distanced herself some more from everyone. Newt had noticed as well as Kaz. So, at sunset, the three sat out on their front lawn together. Kaz had an arm around Newt while Eurydice hugged her knees as her chin rested on her knees. The wind blew slightly as the girl played with the ends of her hair. Her brown curls let loose in a wild mane. It was peaceful at that moment. With Kaz sharing stories of his adventures after he had said some awful things to Eurydice and Newt which neither of the twins had forgotten. Newt tells them what it was like after he changed and that Laurent had only been with him when he was changed and when he woke up, leaving some blank space as to where Laurent had been in the time in between. Eurydice shared tales of when she was alone and different stories about her adventures with the Cullen's. She shared her opinions and feelings yet hid the words of Persephone out of fear and worry. Peaceful for once but it would not be like that for long. Eurydice left that night for the Underworld and did not come back for a few days.

━━✶━━

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 back many respected her space and let her keep quiet. Although no one knew why she was like this. She stood as Carlisle wrapped up Bella's hand while Rosalie had joined Eurydice outside on the balcony. Eurydice had not said a word and leaned into Rosalie who had her in a side hug as the balcony door slid open as Bella walked out to stand with the two and talk to Rosalie.

"Go blabber to someone else about the joys of becoming a newborn." Rosalie didn't move from her spot with her arm around Eurydice.

"Okay. Rosalie, I don't understand what I did to make you hate me so much, same for you Eurydice." Bella started.

Eurydice scoffed with Rosalie, "I don't hate you. I don't particularly like you but, Bella, I envy you."

"What?" Bella looked gobsmacked. "That's ridiculous."

"No, it's not. You have a choice, I didn't. Eurydice didn't." Rosalie turned to the human. "None of us did but you do and you are choosing wrong. I don't care how miserable your human life is."

"My life is not miserable. It's not perfect, nobody's life is perfect." Bella moved to stand by the two girls.

"Mine was. Absolutely perfect. There were things I still wanted. To be married with a nice house and a husband to kiss me when he came home. A family of my own. Royce King was the most eligible bachelor in town. I barely knew him but I was young. I was in love with the idea of love. On the last night of my life, I left a friend's house late, I wasn't far from home." Rosalie continued her story and Eurydice felt horrible, "They left me in the street thinking I was dead, believe me, I wanted to be. Carlisle found me, he smelled all the blood. Thought he was helping me."

"I'm sorry." Bella looked horrified.

"I got my revenge on them. One at a time, I saved Royce for last so he knew I was coming. I was a little theatrical back then. Things got better after I found Emmett, but we'll always be this. Frozen. Never moving forward, that's what I miss the most. Possibilities, sitting on a front porch somewhere. Emmett grey-haired by my side. Surrounded by our grandchildren. Their laughter."

"I understand if that's what you want. There's nothing I'm ever going to want. More than Edward." Bella managed to get out.

"You are wrong." Eurydice spoke up before Rosalie had the chance to, "After you change there is one thing you'll want more, one thing you'll kill for, blood." Rosalie walked off of the porch.

"I'll have control. I'm not you Eurydice, I'm not your brother. You two have turned." Bella looked at the girl.

Eurydice looked at her as she started to fume, "You think we wanted this? Isabella, my brother went missing. I felt the moment he died. I felt IT. Newt is my twin and that pain was unbearable. I was in pain while you sat in your fucking chair! I risked my life trying to get him back and the moment I saw Newt when he changed I knew he wanted my blood but I was his little sister. Laurent was going to kill him so I died to save him and guess what? He felt it. You are ignorant and arrogant." Eurydice blew up on the female as her eyes glossed over with tears that could never fall. "I was in pain. I still am and it will never go away."

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐃 female stood with her hands gripping the railing so tight it was sure to break. Isabella Swan dared to go out and stand by her side as she shifted awkwardly.

"I just want.." The brunette trailed off before she was nearly thrown back.

"I get you wanting to turn more than anything to be with Edward but do not bring me or my brother into this. Your point was useless. We didn't ask to be turned. We didn't want to be turned just yet, we died. We DIED. Not you." Eurydice sneered as she forced herself not to rip the girl's throat out and as Jasper and Alice were quick to grab her back.

Alice and Jasper held her arms as she narrowed her eyes before Isabella disappeared, "Eurydice. Bring her back." Alice's eyes widened.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐃 girl grumbled before she snapped her fingers and Bella hit the ground and Edward caught her as he growled at Eurydice. Isabella looked horrified while Eurydice showed no emotion as she was restrained.

"Ας γεμίσουν τα ποτάμια με το αίμα σου." May the rivers be filled with your blood, Eurydice snarled before she was forced inside the Cullen home.

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━