Chapter Twenty-Seven: decisions

Annabeth stared at the scene before her. She had never seen James without a smile on his face while around his friends but here he was, white as a ghost. 

" What's going on?" asked Annabeth, her voice trembling 

There was no response. 

" Peter, what's wrong?" she asked 

Peter looked up at the girl with tears in his eyes. His hair was disheveled and his cheeks were a dark red. 

" Nothing, everything is okay" whispered Peter

Remus stood up and stormed out of the cabin, leaving everyone dumbfounded. Sirius looked up at Sam with large eyes and slowly shook his head. 

"How could you do that to him? You know his hard this already is for him. You're so bloody selfish!" shouted James. 

Sam couldn't hold back his laughter as he watched the scene unfold. It was strange to see James Potter yelling at any of the Marauders. His smile was gone and his hands were pulling his messy hair. 

" James, stop! Someone tell me what is going on!" yelled Annabeth, losing her patience 

" I love you" said Peter, his voice cracking 

Annabeth and Sam's jaw dropped as they looked at the boy. Sam grabbed Annabeth's arm and dragged her away. 

" I was right! Merlin, Peter loves you! This is bloody insane" laughed Sam. 

Annabeth sat with a straight face as her brain went a mile a minute. Peter could not have feelings for her. She didn't want to break his heart or their friendship. She would not be the reason

Remus sat with his back against the cold, bare wall of an abandoned cabin. His face was hot as fresh tears streamed down his face. The look on Peter's face when he told the group of his feelings for Annabeth was haunting. 

How could he remain in a relationship with a girl that one of his best mates loved? No. Remus loved her too. Remus was better for her... wasn't he?

" Rem" spoke Annabeth as she opened the door to the cabin

Remus jumped as his eyes met the glossy eyes of his red-headed beauty. Her freckles were persistent at all times of the year. Her hair was long and healthy as it swayed from side to side. Her lips were slightly parted as she tried to catch her breath. Her scar-

Her scar. 

Remus stared at her scar, the one he had given her.

"Yes?" whispered the boy, his voice cracking. 

Annabeth hesitantly made her way over to Remus and placed her hand on his. Her warm skin against his ice cold. 

" This doesn't change anything, does it?" questioned Annabeth

Silence.

"Remus, please say something." begged the girl

Remus looked into her pleading eyes, seeing nothing but hope. 

Every part of him was screaming, begging him to stay. Love her. Let her love you. But it wasn't enough.

In one swift motion, Remus had swept away her hand and was leaving the cabin. He had no plan on where he'd be going but it couldn't be with her. 

A/N: Hi! I'm back :) sorry this is so short, needed a filler