Chapter 51

Anakin lifted Obi-Wan to his shoulders, now carrying him since (Y/n)'s shoulder was still injured. They ran towards the elevator, only to find it out-of-order.

"Elevator's not working." Anakin said in annoyance.

"Really? I hadn't noticed." (Y/n) responded sarcastically, and went to her commlink. "R2, R3... one of you... activate elevator 3224." She heard whistling and beeping on the other side. Probably a fight between the two.

Suddenly, the ship lurched and began to tilt, causing them to grab onto the open elevator door so they didn't slide down to the windows. To account for the situation, They climbed through the door, and began to run down the elevator shaft as though it was a hallway. This worked, only until the ship began to stabilize and return to it's correct position, causing them all to begin to slide down the shaft. Luckily, Anakin caught hold of a stray wire, and (Y/n) caught hold of him while the Chancellor held to Anakin's boot.

She heard groaning coming from Obi-Wan, and looked to see his eyes opening. Once he saw their situation, he grabbed tighter onto Anakin so he wouldn't fall.

"Easy. We're in a bit of a situation here." Anakin told him as they looked down at the long fall.

"Did I miss something?" Obi-Wan asked, his hair disheveled. Looking back up, he noticed an elevator beginning to fall down to them at intense speeds.

"R2, R3, shut down the elevator!" (Y/n) said into her comm as they watched the metal box near them.

"Too late. Jump!" Obi-Wan said, and Anakin let go of the wire, causing them all to fall. The Jedi grabbed their grappling hooks and threw them towards a metal beam, swinging into the next open elevator door with the Chancellor on their feet.

Standing up, Obi-Wan said, "Let's see if we can find something in the hangar bay that's still flyable."

"R2, R3, get down here." Anakin commanded to droids. "Do you copy?" Beeping came from the other end, annoyed beeping, and the young Jedi turned off his commlink, knowing they would meet them.

They began to run down the hallway towards the hangar, but a white force field emerged around them as they were running, cutting them off. Looking around in confusion, they stood.

"Ray shields." Anakin said as he looked them over.

"Wait a minute. How did this happen? We're smarter than this!" Obi-Wan exclaimed, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Well, I guess not, Obi." (Y/n) said as she watched the shields flow around them.

"I say patience." Anakin stood firm, making Obi-Wan cross his arms, playing this game. (Y/n) looked at them oddly. Since when was Anakin patient?

"Patience?"

"Yes. R2 and R3 will be along in a few moments, and then they'll release the ray shields." Anakin said, and just as he finished, the two droids came racing in, screaming, and hit the other side of the hallway. They shook off the hit, and the young Jedi smirked. "See? No problem."

However, a problem arose when two destroyers rolled in right after them, and aimed their weapons at the droids. A few super battle droids came in afterwards, R2 then shocking them, and they kicked him over. R3-E7 put up his grabber arms in surrender as more and more super battle droids entered the hallway.

"Do you have a plan B?" Obi-Wan asked Anakin, who came up dry.

They were taken to the main control room, and looked upon his hideous half-droid face of General Grievous, who laughed as they came in. "Ah, yes. The Negotiator. General Kenobi, and General Galad. We've been waiting for you. That wasn't much of a rescue." He snatched their three lightsabers from a battle droid. "And... Anakin Skywalker. I was expecting someone with your reputation to be a little... older."