Chapter 30

I awake with the bright sun shining in my eyes

I awake with the bright sun shining in my eyes. And just as promised, Heath is lying down beside me, his heavy head sleeping on top of my chest. I comb my hand through his soft wavy hair as he lets out a groan.

He tilts his head up and I smile down at him. "Goodmorning," I say. He places a sloppy kiss on my chest, just right above my boobs. Woah, that was pretty close. Heath and I have never done anything intimate, well, besides kissing and cuddling. But that's okay because we're taking it slow.

"How are you feeling?" He asks me as he caresses my cheek. I close my eyes and hum in response as I lean into his soft touch.

"A lot better now that you're here," I reply. 

Heath sits up and looks at me with adoration in his eyes. "I'm sorry that this happened to you, if only I--" I shush him by placing my finger against his soft lips.

"Heath, you can't blame yourself for this. If you blame yourself then I blame myself too," I state.

"Fine, but I think I owe you a date," I tilt my head to the side in confusion, scrunching my eyebrows together. "I told you that if you win then I would take you to the most extravagant date ever," I say.

"Oh, did you now? Huh, I almost forgot," I say sitting up and leaning my head against the headboard. "Say, where are you taking me?" I ask curiously.

"It wouldn't be extravagant if I were to tell you now would it?" He teases. 

"Okay, just let me know how you want me to dress, and what time you'll be picking me up,"

"How about dress casually, and would now be a good time?" I smile at him. "I love you," He says and leans in to kiss my lips. 

I pull my head back and away from his. "Nope, not until we brush our teeth first," I say and he groans. "Get your lazy fat ass up," I say hopping out of bed and walking to the bathroom. I jump in surprise as I hear a loud smack and my butt burning. 

I turn my head to glare at him but only see him smirking down at me. 

♠︎ ♠︎ ♠︎

"Why are we at the gym?" I ask.

"Just picking up some few things before we leave," Heath says as he gets out of the car and walks inside the gym. I sigh and wait for him to return back. A few minutes later, a loud knock sounds on my side of the window.

I roll it down, letting the hot sunny air hit my face. "Kade? What do you want?" I ask.

"Ouch, way to greet your buddy," He says and pulls open the back door and slides in. "So, we are we going?" 

My head whips to face him. "Nu-uh, you are not coming with us,"

"Oh, but we are," Jed says sliding in along with Nash. I groan in annoyance just as Heath enters back in the car and reverses out of the parking lot.