"was such a bad idea,"

Ophelia met Marlene, Lily, Dorcas and Alice in the canteen before heading to their first class, Defence Against the Dark Arts

Ophelia met Marlene, Lily, Dorcas and Alice in the canteen before heading to their first class, Defence Against the Dark Arts. But as they approached the door, they noticed the Marauders waiting outside it.

"Looking good-" James stopped himself from saying Evans which Ophelia noticed. "Love." He ended, putting his arm around the Ravenclaw which made Dorcas and Marlene laugh at her as they all walked in.

"Almost slipped up there." She whispered to the messy haired boy which a chuckle which made him roll his eyes before pushing her arm slightly. "You're gonna regret that." She said with a sly smirk as she pushed the boy so he fell into the wall.

That was then when they noticed a wardrobe at the front of the room which shook violently, making a couple students jump. The Professor then ordered all the children to crowd out then.

James was stood behind Ophelia and took the opportunity to talk to her. "What happened last night?" He asked with a whisper, leaning down slightly so he could reach her ear. "We ran from Filch." She replied with furrowed eyebrows.

"No. With us." James replied which made her sigh. "Nothing happened." She replied quickly before putting her attention on the Professor at the front of the room.

"In here is a boggart. Does anyone know what a boggart is?" The Professor asked. All Marauders looked over at Remus, knowing that that was what his father was an expert in, but he didn't put his hand up.

Lily threw her hand up into the air, waving it about for the teacher to pick her. Ophelia took this opportunity to high five her hand when it was up in the air ,making Marlene snicker and Lily roll her eyes before the Professor picked her.

"No one has seen a boggart true form. It takes shape of what a person fears the most." Lily said which made the teacher nod. "Well done, 3 points to Gryffindor."

Afterwards, they ordered the students to get in a line after announcing the spell to defeat the creature. Lily was in front of Ophelia in the line and was hopping around impatiently, waiting for her go.

She pushed her ginger hair behind her shoulder as she got out her wand and pointed it at the boggart which had taken the shape of a jack in the box from the person before. They class watched as it took the shape of a test paper with red letter saying 'FAILED'.

"Riddikulus." She announced, her wand pointed at the parchment which soon turned into a flower which squirted water at the class before she went to the back of the line.

Ophelia the stepped up, taking a deep breath as the flower began to transform. The room went dark, as if the sun was hidden behind the clouds, apart from two glowing yellow eyes. Ophelia's eyebrows furrowed as she didn't recognise the glowing dots however, Remus did and began to stumble back a few steps.

"Riddikulus." She announced and the two eyes became yellow balloons which flew around the classroom.

~☕︎︎~

James sat up in his bed that night, the other three boys were fast asleep in their beds around him. He was hidden under his covers so the light from his wand which he used to light up the Marauders' Map didn't wake them up.

There was nothing too unusual, Dumbledore pacing around his office, Filch running after a random student who was out of bed. That was until his eyebrows furrowed at the name 'Ophelia Thompson'.

He checked around the room to ensure the three boys were asleep before pushing the covers off of him and getting up, cringing at the creaking floor as he snuck out the dorm.

He threw his cloak of invisibility over him and ,with the map clutched in one of his hands, his followed the name. The map had the names of everyone in Hogwarts but I did not show the area outside.

He watches as the Ravenclaw's name got to the edge of the parchment before disappearing. James then looked up to see himself stood in front of the Forbidden Forest. "There's not way she went in there." James said under his breath.

"Actually, she's pretty stupid for a Ravenclaw so she would." He added before sighing and walking into the trees.

His hazel eyes were wide as he looked side to side for the girl before he found her but a look of confusion glanced over his face. She looked to be stroking air and throwing apples on the floor for nothing.

Ophelia could hear the crackle of leaves under the boy's feet as he creeped up behind her. "Are you trying to scare me?" She asked as she turned around to see the messy haired boy who groaned in frustration.

"Were you creeping on me with that map of yourself?" She asked as she grabbed another apple from her pocket and rolled it across the floor. "It's not creepy!" James exclaimed defensively.

"Following someone around without their knowledge at night is pretty creepy." She replied which made him huff. "What are you feeding?" He asked.

"Thestrals." She replied as if it was nothing, laughing at one of the small Skelton horse creatures which stumbled around. "You see them?" He asked with wide eyes of shock which made her nod.

"How?" He asked, watching as she replied with a shrug. A moment of silence fell between one. "Do you want to pet one?" She asked. At first James was reluctant to. "Oh come on. They're not dangerous." She repeated.

"Looks likes James is scared." She sang mockingly. To prove he was not scared, he hand her his hand, allowing her to pull his arm forward so he was petting the thestral.

James' eyes widened when he was able to feel the skin of the dark creature but was unable to see anything. "That's weird." He said which made her chuckle as she pulled his hand away.

Their eyes then met for a moment which made their cheeks go red and rub the back of their necks or arms awkwardly. "We should probably head back to bed then." James said, filling in the silence.

Ophelia hummed in agreement before the two walk back to the castle, going separate ways to their common rooms.