𝟚𝟡 - 𝕁𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝔸𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝔻𝕒𝕪

Omg thank you all so much, Panacea reached 10k reads yesterday (4th June) - I am beyond speechless still and can't thank each and everyone of you enough! So, here is the chapter slightly earlier than usual, plus it's a little lengthy too! Enjoy all 3.7k words ❤️

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"So you just found her?" Remus asked quietly, trying not to draw any unwanted attention to their conversation. The Marauders were sat for Breakfast in the Great Hall, James and Peter looking particularly tired.

"Yes Moony, how many times do we have to explain it." James held his head in his hands, massaging his temples to try and keep him awake.

"I just don't get it though, why would she be out in the corridors?" Remus continued to press, not realising how concerned he actually sounded.

"Moony, go ask her for yourself. I'm too tired for this." James sighed.

"Fine, I'll ask Pete. Peter -" Remus turned to face Peter, who was sat next to him, only to find him head down in his pancakes.

"Merlin, I can't get over how tired you both are, it's not like you haven't done late nights before." Sirius chuckled deeply.

"They're emotionally exhausted." Remus explained.

"Moony, I didn't need an exact explanation, I was just stating what I saw." Sirius shrugged.

"I'm going to go see Fi later, I'm going to need a nap first." James groaned more to himself than anyone. "Wait, Lily flower how was Fi?" James had just eyed the four Gryffindor girls taking a seat at the breakfast table.

"She was awake and smiling." Lily didn't even notice that she was having a 'normal' conversation with James. Neither did James, they were both conversing over a mutual concern and that meant more to them than an unrequited crush.

"Still can't believe she didn't tell us her birthday." Marlene grumbled.

"Wait it's her birthday?" Remus felt his stomach drop at the mention of this.

"It can't be, she would have told us?" James looked to Remus for some mental reassurance that what he was saying was true, but didn't gain anything. "Surely?"

"I don't think she likes birthdays, so didn't want to make a big deal out of it." Lily explained.

"Who doesn't like birthdays? You literally get to be royalty for a day?" James cried out loudly, causing a few students from other tables to see what was making him shout.

"James not everybody gets to have amazing birthdays like you." Sirius joined the conversation now, a thought of why Fi may have neglected to tell them all when her birthday was had entered his mind.

"Still think birthdays are the best though." James shrugged, before shovelling a piece of pancake into his mouth. "We can go see her later." Food spilled out of James' mouth as he continued to talk. "At least make her smile."