"to think i could stop,"

As a young child, Remus has very little friends

As a young child, Remus has very little friends. His only friend seemed to be Ophelia and they would meet almost every night. Wether this included sitting in the sheep-filled fields or sitting at the empty bus stop down the street.

Since he hadn't started primary school yet, there was no other ways to make friends. But Remus didn't mind too much. Even as a young child he was an introvert. But later in his life, he wouldn't have many friends for another reason.

It was a normal evening in the Yorkshire countryside. Remus ,who was a few months away from turning 5, was sat at the table, bopping up and down excitedly as they were having his favourite for tea.

Just then, his father walked in. Lyall Lupin worked in the Ministry, but he wasn't high up and was often laughed at. He was also a wizard. Remus knee this but he didn't fully understand the job his father did. But he didn't mind that much.

He preferred his mother over his father which could be because she stayed home with his almost everyday. Hope Lupin was a sweet woman and was extremely caring to her only child.

Although he had inherited his father's chestnut hair, he had his mother's face which many of his relatives pointed out. She was gentle features, with soft eyebrows which were never furrowed with anger. In fact, Remus couldn't remember a time she had raised her voice at him.

The young boy then cheered as his mother placed a small plate of cottage pie but he stopped when Lyall sharply hushed him.
"What's wrong dear?" Hope asked her husband as he huff in his armchair and she rubbed the side of his arms.

Remus was too focused on his dinner to concentrate on his parents conversation but from the sound of it, he sounded aggravated. "Done Mummy!" He announced with a proud grin. She chuckled as she picked up a handkerchief from her pocket and wiped the food around his mouth off.

"Head up and get changed in your pyjamas, I'm sure your father would like to read you a goodnight story." She said as she pressed a kiss on his forehead and the young boy ran up the creaky staircase of the cottage.

~☕︎︎~

Soon enough, the door handle turned and a exhausted Lyall walked and sat at the end of his bed. Remus was tucked under the covers already in his warm pyjamas, pulling the blankets to his chin.

The young boy's eyelids drooped as his father came to the end of his story. He then slapped his legs as he got up, leaned over to place a kiss on his son's head and headed to the door but he stopped when Remus called for him.

"Can you check under the bed for monsters?" Remus asked his father who shook his head in dismissal. "You're too old for monsters." He replied before closing the door, the bedroom becoming dark apart from the dim night lap at his bedside and the full moon outside.

Remus sighed as he laid back and closed his eyes and he stayed like that for a while. Suddenly, his face flinched when he felt a warm breath on his cheek. Slowly, he opens his eyes enough to see a dark figure scurry from his bedside and hide behind his curtains.

He sat up, his curious and squinted eyes staring at the curtains were a shadow hid. He then took in a sudden in take of breath when he hand began to pull the fabric back. But it was not a hand but a paw which was covered in grey fur. It had claws which long and slim with small indents as if they had been battered and scratched at.

A sudden movement made him jump when the paw swiftly moved, the sharp claws cutting the curtain, revealing the shadows face.

It had matted, grey hair as well as pointed teeth and yellowed nail which were lit up by the silver moon behind them. The ears were pointed as if filed and he stared at the boy with a malicious grin. But the feature which stood out to the young boy, and haunted him for years later, were the beady yellow eyes which stared at him like he was prey and they were the predator.

Remus opened his mouth to call for his parents but the creature jumped forward, claws gripped onto the boys arm. He sobbed and screamed as felt the monster'a claw cut into his deep skin.

The door swung open and banged into the wall behind, the doorknob leaving a dint in the wall. Lyall pulled his wand out his pocket and pointed it at the creature which was clawing at his son. Remus was sobbing so loudly that he didn't hear any of the spells his father casted at the monster but he could remember the bright lights.

"Remus!" His mother shriek as she ran to her son with open arms as Lyall continued to fire spells at the creature as it scurried out of the open window which was the way the way they got in.

Hope sobbed into her son as she held his head to her chest, his head tucked under her chin. "Why has he done?" She asked her husband, blooding falling off the young boys chin and onto his mother's night gown.

I creeped myself out with this chapter as well as almost cry. I apologise for this one.

Love
Emma xxx