"was such a bad idea,"

It was finally Christmas time at Hogwarts, which was many students favourite holiday

It was finally Christmas time at Hogwarts, which was many students favourite holiday. It seems to be the Professors favourite time as well based on the decorations in the Great Hall.

The candle sticks which once floated around the ceiling of the hall had been replaced with small stars which contrasted against the navy cloud which floated at the top of the Great Hall.

At every large window on the sides of the hall were Christmas trees which Professor Flitwick had decorated. But the center piece was the massive Christmas tree located behind the staff table at the front of the hall. Sat on top of the tree was a golden star which reflected the candlelight flames.

It was also an unarguable fact that the Christmas dinner was the best food Hogwarts would serve the students. Each house would sit at their table with anticipation, waiting for the feast to appear on the silver plates across the wooden tables.

Dumbledore then stood up, clapping his hands to catch the attention of the students in the room. He had a presence which would make anyone go quiet and listen to him and that's exactly what the students did.

The feast consisted of a hundred fat, roast turkeys, mountains of roast and boiled potatoes, platters of fat chipolatas, tureens of buttered peas, silver boats of thick, rich gravy and cranberry sauce. For dessert, flaming Christmas puddings are served, with silver Sickles hidden within the pudding.

It was around the end of the feast and a few students were already leaving to hall to celebrate their last night before they headed home the next day. That was then when Ophelia remembered a gift she had gotten Mcgonagall.

She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand  before swinging her legs out from under the table and heading over to the Professor table were the grey haired woman sat.

Mcgonagall was what Ophelia wished the Matron was like as a child. There were certain times when a punishment had been softened because of the teacher.

A smug grin appeared on her face when she approached the emerald robed Professor. "Merry Christmas Minnie." She said as she placed a small blue box in front of her.

Mcgonagall inspected their box with raised eyebrows before picking it up and undoing the navy blue bow which kept the box shut. Ophelia bopped up and down with anticipation and excitement as the teacher lifted off the lid.

A look of unimpress appeared on Mcgonagall's face when she saw the present the student had given her. "What did you get Minnie?" James asked the teacher from the Gryffindor table, as he was watching Ophelia get up.

Without a change of emotion, she lifted up a small pink cat colour with a sparkly bell which rung as she picked it up. "I hope it fits." Ophelia said with a smile.