"It was a bad idea,"

It was a weekend in the early spring, so it was still quite cold in the mountains of Scotland

It was a weekend in the early spring, so it was still quite cold in the mountains of Scotland. This meant Ophelia was conflicted between wearing a skirt and staying in bed under blankets.

Ophelia woke up that Saturday, yawning loudly after sitting up. Then, she rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands before throwing the blankets off of her. During the night, her wand was in the top drawer of her bedside table so she pulled it open and picked up her wand, flicking it at the the candle James had gotten her for Christmas on the bedside drawers.

The wick then set alight and the smell of fresh chocolate chip cookies filled the dormitory. She then got up, opening the wind to let the morning air in. She pushed herself up onto her tiptoes so she could look out at the Great Lake which ripples in the gently spring breeze.

Afterwards, she headed to her wardrobe and scanned through her clothes before picking a white turtle neck with a knitted jumper on top with a black skirt. Although it was sunny, the breeze kept the day chilly so she tied up her black boots and planned on heading to the Great Lake.

But after leaving the common room and going through the hallways, she noticed cheers as well as crowds of students in the courtyard. She tried to mind her own business but curiosity got the better of her and she began to push herself through the crowd. That was then when she saw Evan and James throwing punches at each other.

James bit his bottom lip in concentration as he pulled his arm back, punching the boy in the nose which made him stumble back and his eyes water. That was when the Gryffindor looked up and his hazel eyes met Ophelia's. He wiped his bleeding nose with the back of his hand with a smirk on his face which made the girl roll her yes and cross her arms but smile slightly.

She then glanced over at the Slytherin boy whose eyes was already becoming purple with bruises. Although his nose wasn't bleeding, there were cuts in his cheeks, probably from the sticks which he fell on.

"What is the meaning of this?" A voice bellowed, echoing in the courtyard. A tall man appeared in the crowd, with a long shaggy beard and hair. The giant of a man ,Hagrid, picked up the Slytherin boy and stood him up and James took the opportunity to run, grabbing Ophelia's hand as he ran past her.

The two ran through the empty walls, laughing as Evan's gang of Slytherin's chased them but they're were too far ahead and quickly announced the password to hide in the Gryffindor common room. The two began to pant heavily as the portrait slammed shut.

"Why did you do that?" She asked the boy though deep breaths as he continuously wiped his nose. "He insulted you. He got what was coming." James replied with a shrug. The Ravenclaw beside him kicked off her shoes and out her feet up on the sofa so her legs were tucked into her chest.

"I could of done it myself. You don't need to actually care about me." Ophelia replied. "I know. But I do." James replied which made the two go silent. Ophelia didn't know how to interpret that so instead she awkwardly got up and grabbed a cloth and damped it in the bathroom.

Once she got back, she kneeled on the ground in front of him and gently pressed the cloth against the few cuts which littered his face. By then, the bleeding from his nose had slowed down but she still made him hold tissue to it. "He got you good, didn't he?" She asked with a smirk which made him scoff. "You should of seen him."

She then moved beside him on the couch, carefully lifting up his hand. His knuckles were covered in purple and yellow bruises and small cuts on them. He hissed as she pressed the cloth against it. "Quit being such a pussy." She ordered which made him roll his eyes and sigh, before biting his lip to distract himself from the sting.

"There," She said as she put his hand back down and threw the damp cloth onto the coffee table in for if her. The two then made eye contact.

Slowly they began to lean in, like two attracting magnets, until Ophelia smirked and leaned back and turned her head the other way. I'm response, James gently placed his hand around her neck and pulled her back, their lips pressed together.

James's hand then moved to her waist which he pulled closer, so their bodies curved together. Ophelia's hands played with his messy hair, before slowly pulling away. "You should go and deal with the punishment now." Ophelia said which made him chuckle. "Yeah, Minnie's gonna kill me." He replied as he got up and left the common room, leaving the red cheeked girl alone: