"i need to be alone,"

The next day, Ophelia woke up to find her head resting on James' chest and going up and down with each breath he took

The next day, Ophelia woke up to find her head resting on James' chest and going up and down with each breath he took. She rubbed her eyes before looking up at James who was still asleep. She put her hands under her chin as she looked up at him, what hung his eyelids cringe at the rising sun.

He then let out a gentle snore which made her chuckle before pushing herself up so she could place a careful kiss on his forehead and got up. That was when she glanced up to see a mirror hanging on the wall in front of her. She stared at her own face for a few moments. Looking at the slight smile she had and her blushing cheeks before glancing down at James and back up at her.

That was when she realised what exactly was happening. "Nope, nope." She repeated, shaking her head in denial. Slowly, she began to back up towards the portrait and hurried out.

After getting changed in her dormitory, she headed to her first lesson which was Potions where she sat behind Marlene. When she got into the classroom, most of the seats were full including James who stared at her as she took her seat.

"Where did you go this morning?" He asked in a whisper to the girl who sat in front of him. But she didn't reply and instead ignored the boy who became more and more confused. He knew that they weren't actually dating and she was allowed to ignore him but nevertheless it hurt him slightly, wether that was his ego or feelings.

For the rest of that class he leaned back in his chair and watched as the girl scribbled down her notes, not even glancing back at him. This continued for the rest of the class and ,luckily, there was no practical so James couldn't talk to her.

At the end of the lesson, she quickly packed her bag and hurried out but James called after her. "Ophelia!" He shouted as he struggled through the crowds of students to try and get to the Ravenclaw girl. When she didn't turn around, he guessed she didn't hear him but she did and still continued walking away.

~☕︎︎~

That day, most of her lessons were with Hufflepuffs so she saw James very little which was the aim. "I'm an idiot." She repeated to herself in her head. "Why didn't I realise earlier?" She asked herself.

That night, she headed to the Great Hall for her dinner when she heard the calls of James. "Ophelia! Wait!" She didn't stop but he ran up to her and grabbed a hold of her hand to stop her from walking away. He opened his mouth to talk but a large crowd of students came up the corridor so he led her to a nearby,empty balcony.

"Have I done anything wrong?" He asked the Ravenclaw girl who looked down at the floor to avoid eye contact. "No James, you've done nothing wrong. It's just-" She stopped herself. She knew this deal was to get Lily to like him and she didn't want to explain what she felt. "Wait?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows when she didn't continue. "Nothing." She replied.

"So, are we okay?" He asked with a hopeful look which made her nod. James smiled before lifting up her chin with his finger and leaning in but she turned her head away. "I'm off to dinner." She said awkwardly as she walked away, leaving the confused  boy alone on the balcony.

~☕︎︎~

James was still unsure as to what he had did which made her upset and he didn't believe her when she said that it was nothing. So he went to the most logical person he knew, Remus.

That evening, the two were sat alone in the common room. James twiddled his thumbs as he debated wether to explain to Remus who was flicking through a book with a leather cover. "Moony, Ophelia's avoiding me. I don't know what I've done wrong."

The chestnut haired boy look up from the top of his book at the messy haired boy. "Did you say anything to her?" He asked as he scanned through the lines of the texts. "No." James replied. "Nothing?" Remus asked again, not moving his eyes from the book. "Nothing." James repeated.

Remus sighed as he lowered the book and hummed in thought. "Have you said I love you to her yet?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. James shook his head. "Maybe she loves you." Remus said as he picked up the book again. "What? No she doesn't." He replied with disbelief.

"I was the exact same with Sirius. I've know her for years, just give her some time." He explained which made James scoff. But there was a sense of jealousy in the messy haired boy that Remus knew Ophelia much more then he did. "You're not actually dating her. You don't need to know everything." He repeated to himself in his head.

James yawned which made him get up and head to his dormitory and although Remus was a logical person, he was assured that he was incorrect. There's no way Ophelia loves James.