"darling you're so pretty, it hurts,"

Ophelia was back at Hogwarts for the rest of the summer holiday and was forbidden to go out anymore

Ophelia was back at Hogwarts for the rest of the summer holiday and was forbidden to go out anymore. So she spend the rest of the summer sitting by the Great Lake or sitting at the windowsill of her dormitory.

Ophelia was expecting the Matron to kick her out but Hogwarts were able to convince the Ministry to oblivate any muggles involved and restore the woman's car.

It was getting closer to September when school would start again so the days were getting shorter and it was slightly colder. Ophelia had not once cleaned her dorm during the summer holidays but when Mcgonagall saw the state of it, she ordered her to clean it.

So Ophelia put on her records and started with picking up the clothes under her bed before picking up the teddies under her bed and carefully arranging them on her bed. That was then when she moved to her bedside table when she saw the candle which James had gifted her for Christmas.

She sighed before picking it up, pulling the drawer open and placing the candle in there. But was when she noticed a folded piece of parchment stuck to the bottom pick she pulled off and unfolded.

'For whenever you miss me

Love from your favourite fake boyfriend'

The writing was in his messy handwriting and she felt like she could see his arrogant smirk when he wrote this. She then sighed as she threw the into the drawer as well as closed it. She then looked out the window as she knelt on the floor, her chin on her bed as she looked up at the orange sun.

Her eyes became slightly glassy and her vision went slightly blurry before she wiped her eyes with her blanket, let out a deep breath and went back to cleaning her room but she couldn't help but glance over at her bedside table.

~☕︎︎~

That night ,when she finished cleaning her room, she found it difficult to sleep and spent most of the night looking up at the top of her four poster bed at the painting of constellations.

She sighed as she closed her eyes once more to attempt to fall asleep but she found herself battling against herself to lit the candle. A part of her was craving the scent of the cinnamon and cookie candle which she blamed on the sweet smell rather then who it smelt like.

She decided that a short walk might clear her mind and make her tried so she flung her blankets off of her and left the common room. With no Filch, there was no threats to being caught so she took the opportunity to discover parts of the castle she hadn't before. 

She founded herself in the room of Requirement, a room she had been in multiple times but with no teachers patrolling the halls, she thought of a record player which appeared in the room because it had some sort of spell which would make the thing you need appear.

She then put on a Queen record and put it up to full volume and started to dance around the empty room. But she stumbled towards the dark wall but she didn't hit it with a thud but fell through it. That was then when she realised she had fallen through a black velvet curtain.

Confused, she looked around to see a large mirror with a good frame stood proudly. With a curious look, she made her way towards it. She could tell that there was letter engraved in the frame but it was too dark to see. However, she was able to see herself in the mirror.

Suddenly, a messy haired boy appeared behind her with a warm grin on which made her jump and look behind her to see no one there. She then looked back to see he was still there, smiling at the girl in the mirror.

Scared and confused she back away, walking through the black velvet curtain where the mysterious mirror was hidden behind. She had never heard of the mirror before and Dumbledore had new mentioned it before. She was unsure wether she had just discovered something dark in magic so she hurried out the room and back to her dormitory.