Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Farewell to the Normality

      It's been a week and a few days since the first-ever special mission was issued by the system. Asner successfully boarded a train illegally to their city and unnoticed by anyone. The Invisibility Cloak was a very useful item. It could be used in a lot of things. But Asner decided that he would only use it when necessary. Just like what is he doing right now.

Right now, he is back again in London. There is another Special Mission that was issued by the system. And this time he was doing the Mission since it has involved again his Father. And maybe it also affected his Grandparents.

[ Task Type: Special Mission

Mission Type: Investigation Mission

Mister Ansell successfully returned home looking tired but he looks like that nothing important happened to him. He didn't appear to be shaken by the events that happened to him.

Find what is behind Mister Ansell Graves's behavior.

Task Completion: The Mystery behind and truth behind the eccentric behavior of Mister Ansell Graves

Task Duration: Indefinite

Task Reward: ???????    ]

Since his Father returned home, Asner started to notice something amiss. His father looks like he hasn't experienced something bad that happened to him. At first, Asner thought that his father was just acting tough in front of him so that he wouldn't worry. Asner accepted that reason for the first few days after the first special mission while he was accepting the fact that maybe this world is not ordinary as he thought.

There must be the reason why he was granted a golden finger like the system. Asner finally decide to investigate the things and function of the system properly. There was the task, shop, and the newly opened map function. The Task panel was the one responsible for giving missions. Fulfilling those missions granted him points and sometimes items or abilities. The task panel was divided into two. The Normal missions are very simple missions that involve his daily normal life or simple normal task that can be easily fulfilled. And the recently discovered special mission. It was more difficult and unusual than the normal missions. But it grants higher points and rewards than the normal missions.

The second function of the system was the shop function. In there, Asner could use the points to buy items or abilities from the shop. The shop was there for Asner to improve his abilities and buy amazing and very useful items.

Looking at them carefully, he discovered abilities like telekinesis, clairvoyance, teleportation, psychometry, spirit eye, object reinforcement, healing magic, astral eyes, transmutation, blood manipulation, gravity control, necromancy, null, air magic, etc.

Asner was horrified and he very feels uneasy looking at the abilities in the shop. Since he discover that this world wasn't maybe ordinary as he thought. What if there were people with special abilities in this world?

A world filled with supernatural abilities and magic?

[ 13,350 ]

Asner has a total of 13,350 points after buying some items in the shop and being rewarded by 2,000 points after doing the special mission. The other reward of the special mission was the mysterious cellphone, Asner discovered them to be fantastic.

It would never run out of battery. It has an automatic internet connection and what's more important was that this cellphone was connected to his former world. In this world, some things are missing. But in the cellphone, those missing things are still there. Asner also discovered that the Year that was indicated on the cellphone was the year 2021.

Currently, this world was in the Year  2004. The internet and social media sites are just booming. Asner was born in the Year 1998 June. In his past world, he died in the Year 2015. It was strange to think that he died in the Year 2015 only to be reincarnated in the Year 1998. It was a very strange thing to think. But not also dangerous to the timeline of his former world since Asner confirmed that he was reincarnated in a parallel world that has some similarities to his former Earth.

Asner also noted that it was also around a few weeks after his birthday that he was involved in that car accident that recovered the memories of his past life. In December, the System arrived. And a few days after his 6th birthday, his special mission arrived. And after a few days of saving his father, and looking at the system, and thinking of some things, Asner discovered something unusual about his father.

It appears that he didn't suffer some sort of psychological trauma or feels uneasy after being in the hands of terrorists. Maybe, it was the recent events that Asner feels paranoid but he decided to be safe than suffer the consequences later on.

He decided to ask something to his Father something.

" Your Grandparents? No, I didn't meet them. I have just visited the museum in London. Anyway, how did you know your grandparents? "

" But you told me... "

" Huh? Asner, you must be mistaken.. "

After that, Asner decided to shut his mouth and keep quiet when the second special mission appeared. Dread and acceptance, there is something unusual to this world. Someone or something to cause his father to lose his memories.

Asner after a day that the second special mission appeared decided to buy the teleportation ability at the cost of 5,000 points.  It was very expensive and the teleportation Ability is only at level 1. But it was better to have something in his Arsenal in case he encounter something dangerous. He can instantly teleport and escape. He only has 8, 350 points left after he bought the ability. Yet, Asner despite being only in level 1, it was already worth it. Asner can instantly teleport on ranges within his sight location.

Other than that, maybe if he earned some points later, Asner can upgrade his appraisal abilities to level 2 later on. Within the past few days, Asner would use and train the ability. Using the appraisal ability in the mirror or any reflective surface, Asner can look at his status.

At level 1, he can see the name, age, and gender of the people. In the case of objects, he can see the year of their creation, their age, and what kind of object they are. As for the plants, he can also see their year of birth, current age, and their specified type or species. The same was also for the animals, and Asner would also identify if they are domesticated or named by humans.

But for now, all of the thoughts of upgrading the appraisal ability are in the future. First, he would complete the second special mission and see if his grandparents were also the same.

Wearing the Invisibility Cloak, Asner was in London unnoticed by everyone. He would go back again to his grandparent's house and discover the truth and mystery beneath his Father's missing memory.