Mind

Third person's POV

Faya woke up an hour after she fell asleep, she looked to see Terra and Musa asleep. Smiling slightly she slipped out of bed, grabbed her pyjamas and limped to the shower. Closing the door behind her she stripped from her clothes. Let the water run until it turned to the temperature she wanted. Stepping into the water, letting the warm water engulf her.

After scrubbing all the dirt away, she dried herself off and got into her warm pyjamas. Faya walked into the living area, looking to see Riven entering the room. Using her telekinesis she threw him against the wall, letting him go as she realised who it was.

"What are you doing here?" She tiredly asked, clutching onto her stomach and slowly sat down on the couch. He looked ashamed, he sat next to her and took her hand.

"I heard what happened, I'm sorry." He whispered, she looked at him confused, unsure of why he is apologising.

"Riven, why are you sorry?" She quietly asked, he sighed and stood up. Refusing to look at her, as he spoke.

"Dane and I were walking down the halls. I saw you and said I would take you to the courtyard. He told me he got it handled, something didn't feel right. It was just how he said it, it was the tone in his voice. Faya, if I just went with my words, you would've been fine. It's my fault you got hurt, please don't be mad at me." Faya looked at him, standing up and limped over to him.

"Riven, listen to me. This isn't your fault, don't keep telling yourself that it is. I'm okay and It's okay. Just, don't worry, alright?" She smiled at him, rubbing his back. He sighed with a small nod, looking at the door and back at the girl.

"I'll see you later, get some rest and don't push yourself too hard." Faya nodded, watching him walk out of the suite. She locked the door, walked back to the bedroom and laid down on her bed. Her parents called her, asking her how she was and what was going through her mind. Letting her get some sleep, she laid down, letting her eyes fall shut.

It was early in the morning, Faya got dressed in some jeans, a band tee, a beanie and a jacket. She walked out of the building, humming quietly and minding her own business. Her eyes landed on Sky, who was sitting down on the grass. His eyes red and puffy from crying, his cheeks stained with tears. She sat next to him, grabbing his hand and ran her thumb over her knuckles.

Sky looked at her, his lips curling into a tiny smile. He rested his head on her shoulder, fiddling with her the sleeve of her jacket.

"I heard you went full fairy last night, wish I saw it." He stated, smiling at the thought of how beautiful she would have been with her wings. He already thought she was beautiful, despite what she believes are her flaws.

"Wish you were there too." She whispered, looking at him as he lifted his head up.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She added on, placing her hand on his face. He shook his head, swallowing a lump in his throat.

"I'm fine, promise." She knew that line all too well, knew it was bullshit but knew he needed time.

"I'm here when you want to talk." He held her hand, tracing shapes over her palms. Faya understood the look he had covering his face, understanding he needed something to distract himself.

"How's your wound?" He questioned, she shrugged, not really knowing.

"It's tender, stings a little if I move too much. But, alright in the grand total." She whispered to him, he nodded and kissed her cheek. The rising sun, making her hazel eyes glow brighter.

"You're beautiful, you know that right?" He gently asked her, watching her cheeks turn pink with colour. Faya laid down on the grass, staring at the clouds above her. Sky laid down next to her, watching her in the peaceful moment.

"I have to go, Miss. Dowling wants to speak with me." She whispered quietly, feeling a new presence in the area. He huffed, kissing her cheek and watched her walk away. The two fairies walked to Dowling's office, they entered and sat in silence for a few moments.

"Were you told that I transformed last night?" Faya quietly asked, breaking the silence. Farah nodded, pouring some tea into a cup and handed it to Faya. She quietly thanked Farah, sipping on the liquid.

"I was, you've probably already been told this but you should be proud Faya." The girl smiled, thinking about how far she has come.

"Thank you." Farah nodded, sitting across from her, waiting for the questions.

"Do you know if I am a changeling or not?" Faya nervously asked, feeling her heart pound at the thought of something else being different in her life.

"You are not a changeling, I can reassure you that. Faya, I know what I will say may be frustrating, but hear me out first. I am not exactly the one to be telling you what you want to know. Saul is the one who should be telling you everything, I can tell you something now and that is what was on that blade. It is blood from Basilia, her blood, just like everything else about her is harmful to you. I'm honestly not sure how they got it, but they did and it makes matters more concerning."

Faya took a shaky breath, rubbing her face with her hands. She wanted to swear, yell and shout in annoyance and anger. Only she didn't want to make a fool of herself in front of Farah. Faya looked at her hands, whispering under her breath and groaned in irritation.

"Alright, thank you. I mean it, you have been so kind and I wish I had your help sooner." Farah smiled at the girl, giving a small nod and allowed her to walk out. Faya started walking out, about to text Sky on where he was. She stopped herself before she sent her message, hearing odd sounds. Cautiously turning around the corner, stopping in her tracks as she saw Sky beating Dane up. She was frozen in her spot, flinching every time Sky's fist came in contact with Dane's face.

"I will be everywhere you look, at every corner and every class. I will make sure you are hurting a lot more than what you put Faya through."

"Yeah, well, the bitch deserved it." Faya snapped out of her thoughts seeing Sky start hitting Dane a lot hard, she flinched at the sound of a bone-cracking. Running in and grabbed hold of Sky's fists. He looked at her, his pissed off features relaxing immediately as his eyes landed on her.

"Oh look, here she is now." Sky went to punch him but Faya grabbed his arms and smiled softly at him.

"Sky, let's go." She quietly whispered to him, he glared at Dane one last time and moved with Faya's steps. The two didn't say a word until they made it back to Sky's dorm, his angered face stayed as a scowl and glanced at his bleeding knuckles. Faya grabbed a first aid kit, sat beside him on the bed and began cleaning the blood and dirt away.

"He deserves worst." Sky mumbled, catching the look Faya tried to hid and faintly smirked. Faya examined the cuts on her knuckles, scrunching her face up slightly. He couldn't tell if she was upset with him or not and he really hoped she wasn't.

"He's already getting treatment from Saul, I think that enough from both of you." She quietly said, grabbing two bandages and wrapped them around his wrist, going over his knuckles. Faya started packing everything away, walking back to Sky and sat down to him.

"He hurt you Faya." Sky whispered, tears welling up in his eyes.

"I know, I hate him for it. But, I have an amazing group of people at my side." 

Faya gently kissed his lips, pulled away and laid down on his bed. He glanced at her, a smile on his lips. He sat up grabbing a book and sat on his bed, lying with his back against the headboard. He lifted Faya, so she had her head on his chest.

He started reading aloud, keeping an arm wrapped around her waist. Faya glanced up at him, a faint smile on her lips. Sky read three chapters before closing the book, Faya smiled at him and kissed his lips. Sitting up, her face relaxing as he caressed her cheek.