16

Atreus' POV

Anxiously, my knee bounced on the floor of the moving SUV. We were on our way to the stadium for the race. It was a calm Sunday afternoon but the calm and peaceful weather here in Singapore did nothing to calm my raging nerves.

Questions and scenarios of how today might play out run through my head over and over, different outcomes each time.

The car stopping brought me back to the present, Galina and Carmen were already at the doors of the stadium seeing as they came in the other car that was in front of the one, I'm in. The entrance was significantly busier than the last time since we did manage to arrive early which is shocking.

I shoved my clammy hands into the pockets of the wool jacket, following my family through the entrance. The coordinator took notice of us upon entering, leading us to the VIP section.

Unlike the last time where we were in an enclosed room with a monitor showing the live race, this time we were in a sky suite that was directly above the starting line of the track. There was a jumbo Tron directly opposite where we were allowing us to see the entire race. A bar was situated on the far right and directly opposite on the left were doors for you to go inside if rain fell or if the crowd or cars were too loud. Outdoor seats were situated throughout for all the people who were up here to sit or you could stand beside the railing and look down at the track.

"I'm so excited!" Odin exclaimed excitedly, almost bouncing of the seat he was in. We all sat together in a small circle a table in the center.

"Do any of you want something from the bar?" I asked standing from my chair. I needed to keep myself busy, else I may just go mad.

"Whiskey!" Odin said loudly, grinning at me. My mother chuckled turning away from the conversation as his mother stared him down hard.

"I'll take a coke." He said again, avoiding his mother's intense stare.

"Yes, you will." She retorted calmly.

"I'll take you up on that whiskey though." Vera said from beside me.

"Surprise me." Carmen spoke up, Galina nodding in agreement.

"I'll just get a bottle then, anything else?"

"Ah- a martini." Odessa said slowly, lips pursed.

"Were fine with the bottle of whiskey." My father gestured to our parents.

I nodded silently walking off to the bar and leaning on the counter as I waited for the bartender to finish. The monitor behind the bar showed the same thing as the jumbo Tron.

They were only introducing the racers, in the prerecorded slideshow. The starting lineup went down in a row on the left side of the screen. Dariya would be starting this race since she won the last one.

Telling the bartender my order I waited patiently, watching as the camera showed the empty track from up high. The caption on the silent TV said that the race would start in 10 minutes because of a mechanical problem with one of the racers cars.

Thanking the bartender, I carried the tray of drinks to them resting it on the table. Taking my glass of Gin I sat back down, to wait not so patiently for the race to begin.

"Look it's Silvia!" Odin said loudly over the screaming audience, pointing to the jumbo Tron.

"We didn't come here for Silvia, Oddy." Galina said to him not even bothering to look back at the screen.

"Don't call me that Gally.” he retorted with attitude. Completely ignoring him Galina sipped on her whiskey, eyes trained on the screen in the bar.