eighteen, moonlight

semi-loud music was heard throughout the nearly empty apartment, no one but y/n inside. she sat in the bed were her brother used to lay. for some reason all of her problems, inconveniences, or issues always brought her back to the same place: mourning her family.

was it because she never accepted it? sure, she cried a few days then decided to be strong for them, but were all the buried emotions coming back to the surface?

her phone rang for what seemed like the third time in the past minute. it had been hours since she had gotten home, and all she had done was sit and think.

outside the apartment, at the front door, stood hawk. he had been knowing for almost two straight minutes now, he came to conclusion that the music was to loud for her to hear the knocks so he dialed her number.

while hanging out with miguel and tory after the confrontation at miyagi-do dojo he couldn't stop thinking about her. the look on her face when sam said what she and demetri had witnessed.

y/n groaned as she grabbed her phone and got up, walking back to her room to turn the volume of the music down. she looked down at the name on the screen and her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

nonetheless she answered the call, "what? why are you calling me, more importantly why have you called me like ten times dude?"

"can you come open the front door? it's dark out here and these apartments are sketchy as fuck." hawk said, ignoring her previous questions.

"open the door? what are you talking about, why are you here?" y/n asked, now more confused then ever. "can you just come open the door, i'll tell you once i'm inside."

"fine." she agreed before hanging up and walking to the front door. she unlocked it and swung it open, revealing hawk who rocked back and forth on his feet.

he pushed y/n aside as he stepped into the dim apartment, "damn, it's kinda chilly outside." he chuckled while running his hands together.

"what are you doing here hawk, since when were we cool enough that you felt the need to come bother me at this time? i still don't like you, you know."

"who said i liked you? i still despise you too. where's your music coming from? play something else, this shit sucks." he sighs, plopping down on the couch.

"hawk, i am so serious right now. what are you doing here? i told all of you i wanted to be alone. yeah, maybe i expected miguel or tory to show up, but not you. did they send you or something? is this another one of tory's get them to be friends scheme?"

hawk sat back on the couch, plopping his feet up on the coffee table. "no one sent me, i decided to come see you."

"oh." y/n moved towards the couch, sitting down a few inches away from hawk, "well, why?"

he shrugged in response, "are you okay, though? i mean, moon didn't cheat on me but it was still a break up. i know what it feels like to be broken up with by one of them." he said, referring to the certain friend group from encino.

"for the hundredth time, i'm fine." y/n sighed before standing up and walking to her bedroom, hawk following behind her. "it's creepy enough you're in my apartment, why are you following me to my room?" she questioned, turning the volume up on her music once again.

"what if you kill yourself or some shit?" hawk then laughs, "nah, you wouldn't do that. that's a pussy move, you're not a pussy."

he sat himself down on her bed, and she watched him through the mirror on her small vanity. her eyes squinted at him as she turned around. she looked down at him, her eyes still squinted.

"what?" hawk chuckled. "are you here because you think i'm gonna pull a moskowitz and try to hook up with you?" she questioned, a serious look on her face.

"no, what? why would you even ask that? i just came here so you wouldn't be alone and depressed, cause i feel kinda bad for you."

"oh, okay." y/n nodded. she began mouthing the words to the song that played, moonlight by chase atlantic. she didn't know if it was the song, the sadness, or whatever else it could be but she felt the sudden need to jump hawk's bones—or bone if you know what i mean.

hawk gulps, deciding to ask the question on his mind. "why do you ask? did you wanna hook up with me?" he laughs.

y/n freezes in her spot, it just got awkward she thought. do i want to, though? no, i shouldn't. i just broke up with river. and well, hawk is hawk. we hate hawk...right?

"are you gonna answer my question?" hawk's joking tone turned into a serious one as he watched y/n attentively.

"why are you asking me that? are you sure it's not you who's, once again, trying to hook up with me?" y/n questions back.

the next thing that hawk says takes her by surprise, "what if i am?"

the air becomes tense, well tenser than it had already become as soon as hawk stepped into the apartment. she looks at hawk who has his famous smirk playing on his lips.

he stood up, now taller than her. he looks down at her and reaches his hand out, grabbing her chin and forcing her to look up at him.

"he doesn't deserve you." hawk speaks, quiet but loud enough for y/n to hear over the music. she laughs, shoving his hand away from her. "oh, and you do?"

"maybe."

y/n knows she's going to regret what she does next, regret it for the rest of her life.

author's note
i'm literally getting ready for my graduation right now, but i'll publish this chapter just for y'all 😌