A note from the author

Hi Wattpadians! (New word! Use it Daily!!)

Thank you for choosing to read this story out of the millions of other stories on Wattpad. Earlier this month, (February 2015), Children of the Plague passed the 1 Million Reads marker, and I thought that a proper "Thank You" was in order.

So, from the bottom of my heart, Thank you for reading this little collection of words that I threw together for you. Thank you for participating in the process that makes Wattpad such a special place for an author to share his stories:

the conversation!

If you have left a comment on any of my stories, I want you to know that I have read it. When a response is appropriate, and I have the time to do so, I respond.

Every time you click the little voting star to show that you enjoyed a chapter- every time you leave a comment, whether it's to ask a question or to tell us (me and the other readers) what you thought or felt about that chapter- every time you tag a friend in a comment because she might like the story, too- every time you do any of these things, you become a part of the conversation, and a part of the story. And for me, THAT is the best part. That is what makes sharing stories with my fellow Wattpadians worthwhile.

If you haven't read Children of the Plague yet, this next bit is for you.

About the story:

I am writing this because of comments and suggestions your fellow readers have shared, and I think it might add to your enjoyment of the story, or save the time of starting a story that you might not enjoy.

Profanity:

There is some when it makes sense for a character to use it, but there is not very much. I didn't plan for this to happen when I wrote the story. My only concern was being true to the story world and the characters in it. It just worked out that way. Most readers who have commented on this liked the fact that they could enjoy a story without having to read foul language, but at least one reader was upset that it had ANY. So this is your warning.

Confusing timeline:

Some readers have had a difficult time piecing together timeline from the start of the story to the end. Parts of it are missing. This is intentional. You will only see parts of the story as the main character sees them. If you enjoy trying put clues together to figure out what is going on behind the scenes, then you might enjoy this story. If you like everything tied up in a nice Agatha Christie bow that explains everything in the end, you might not enjoy this kind of story.

Formatting:

You will find lines in this story that switch from 3rd person to 1st. This shows the thoughts of the Point of View character. Instead of putting them in quotation marks, I distinguish a character's thoughts with ITALICS. Unfortunately, some of the formatting vanished when I copied Children of the Plague into Wattpad, including many of those italicized lines of text. I THINK I have found them all and corrected them, but if you notice a strange line of 1st person text, feel free to point it out, and I will correct the formatting.

The Next Story

Yes. There is more. I hope to finish it soon, and I will let you know the minute it is published. Please read my short story, "Killing Tiffany Hudson" if you can't wait that long. I wrote it first, and "Children of the Plague" came to life in the aftermath.

Thanks again for reading! Please keep voting, commenting, and sharing, and if you are able, you can purchase Children of the Plague on Amazon, B&N, and most other ebook sellers.

Enjoy!