2

Elena's POV- Next day

I hear a knock at the door just after I got home from school. Syd's at the Salvatore's hanging out with Damon. Stefan is sitting in the kitchen making us coffee. I skip down the stairs and yell at Syd to use her key. But there's no response. Hmm, that's weird I wasn't expecting anyone. Nobody's home except me and Stefan. I shrug it off and walk to the door and open it. I practically choke on my own saliva at the sight my eyes are seeing. It's a man, with brown hair perfectly split in the middle, he has a little grin on his face and is wearing a suit as if he's coming from a business meeting or something. Also, he's hot. Like sweating.

"Wow. I thought it must not be true. Although, I am proven wrong.", He states in a deep voice that's.... very attractive. Shit. Sorry, Stef.

"I- uh do I know you?", I stutter aware of how nervous I am right now.

"I'm Elijah. You've never heard of me?" He smiles politely. Oh. Elijah. The original vampire. I never thought he would be... this attractive.

"Uh, actually I have. Um- Stefan!" I yell trying to get myself to calm down. Stefan stands up and starts walking to the door and I can tell by his face, he immediately realizes who he's standing in front of.

"Hello, Stefan." Elijah greets him.

"Hi, your Elijah I'm guessing", Stefan says innocently as if he was not listening to the conversation from the kitchen.

"Yes. May I come in?"

"Ya su-", Stefan cut me off.

"Elena! Why?!", He calmly yells at me. Shit. I didn't even realize what I was doing I was totally lost in his handsome brown eyes. What am I doing. He's an original vampire. Stop it.

"Shit", I mumble, "Sorry"

"Don't worry Stefan. If I wanted to kill the girl, I would have already. But that is not my intention whatsoever." Elijah breaks the awkwardness.

"Well then what do you want with her?" Stefan asks starting to get irritated. Elijah walks into my house looking around the rooms and slowly making his way into the kitchen. His walk. His talk. His everything. Is just ho- STOP YOURSELF.

"I was informed that there was a living, breathing, mortal Petrova doppelganger living here in Mystic Falls.", He starts. Why would he care? "I wanted to come and see for myself.", He slowly walks up to me and puts his hand on my waist and sniffs my neck. I tried so hard to stay calm so my heartbeat doesn't increase realizing that there are two vampires in the room that can probably hear it smashing against my ribs. "You do not need be nervous Elena. I promise I cause you no harm.", He clears up noticing my heart beating so quickly. Stefan started getting anxious and annoyed and I could tell he wanted this attractive vampire out of the house asap.

"So... what did you really come here for Elijah?", Stefan boldly asks. Elijah chuckles and then stares at me right in the eyes without breaking eye contact. I notice his smile and it doesn't seem genuine. He doesn't seem like a happy guy.

"This reason only. I shall go now", He answers. He looks me up and down and then to Stefan and is out of the house in a blink. What. The. Fuck.

"Are you okay?", Stefan asks me like the amazing, supportive, caring boyfriend he is.

"Uh, ya, I- I'm good.", I respond like the shitty girlfriend I am for just thinking all those thoughts. "I'm gonna call Syd and Damon. I'm sure he's gonna want to hear this", I say trying to break the awkward silence.

-----

Syd's POV -the Salvatore house

Damon handed me a glass of bourbon and I finished it in two gulps. He was about to say something to me until my phone rang. It was Elena. I had to answer.