2

I smiled as I walked home from having dinner with my neighbors. I was always liked having dinner with them. They know I live alone so they like including me. I also babysit for them sometimes. I looked up at the day set into the night. I decided to walk past my house and through the back. There was a forest behind my home. 

It was a large forest and I was lucky to find a house right next to it. Luckily, it was bright enough for me to not get out my phone. I stepped on the soft grass and made sure not to step on any flowers. I skipped and look around. I noticed a deer and watched it for a moment before it noticed me and quickly left. I smiled and kept walking around. 

I know I should turn around and go home. But I felt like I should keep going. Like there was something I needed to see. I looked around and knew I was close to a river. I sped walk to it and sat down next to it. I took off my shoes and socks and put my feet in. The water wasn't that cold and felt nice. I pushed my feet around, splashing the water. 

I snapped my head up when I heard a twig breaking. I quickly got my feet out and put on my socks and shoes even though my feet were wet. I wanted to run away but instead, I stepped over some rocks to the other side of the river. " H-hello?" I called out, kinda hoping there wasn't a response. I didn't hear anything so I thought it was just an animal that broke the twig. But I was wrong.

As I continued to walk around, I noticed a figure slumped over sitting against a tree. That's to the small amount of light left, I could see who it was. I gulped and took a step back when I saw it was Lord Garmadom. This is where he was hiding? He didn't seem to have noticed me. He looked like he was in pain. Was he injured? Why am I suddenly worried? I shouldn't be worried about the villain. But at the same time, I feel bad just leaving.

I stepped closer to him and that's when he seemed to notice I was here. He looked up and glared at me. I was shaking slightly but continued to get closer. " A-are you ok? Are you injured?" I asked. He gave me a confused look before nodding. " Can you walk?" The answer to that was no. He lifted his hand off his leg and blood started to spill. I gasp, " That looks really bad, I'll be right back! Don't move!" I turned away and ran home.

I bet he expects me to not come back. But I did. I came back with my first aid kit, water, and a flashlight. He was surprised to see me and was confused why I was helping him. I set the flashlight down so I could have a good look at his wounds. I started on the one on his leg. I poured a bit of water on a rag and dabbed the wound with it lightly. Even though the wound was bleeding a lot, it wasn't. I continued to clean the wound with water and using some tweezers to pluck anything out of it.

I applied an antibiotic before bandaging the wound. He seemed slightly impressed with how fast and efficient I was able to do that. I started to do the same to any other wounds he had, or at least the ones he showed me. The whole time it was pure silence. I finished wrapping the last one and put everything back into the first aid kit. " Why?" Was all he said. " Huh?" I looked at him. His red eyes stare directly into my (E/c) ones. " Why did you help me?"

I looked away from him. I didn't have an answer. I just shrugged, " I don't know. It just felt right." I got up and held out my hand. " Would you like to say at my home for the night?" Why am I asking him this? Why am I being so nice. He scoffed, " No." He used the tree to get up. " No, I would hate to. Good night." He walked away, putting his hand on the trees as he walked. I frowned but sighed a breath of relief. I grabbed my flashlight and ran home.

I entered through the back door and locked it. I put the kit away and questioned myself. I went to the bathroom and washed my face. Why did I help him? He almost destroyed the realm. This isn't the first time either. All the way back even there wasn't a Green Ninja. Then he was good. Then he died. Then brought back to life. Now he is missing and I just found and helped him. Why would I do that?

It didn't matter. It was a one-time thing. I'll never see him again anyways. Maybe if he attacks again I'll be spared for helping him. Hopefully. Maybe I thought about that subconsciously. Maybe that's why I helped him. Yeah, I just wanted to be spared if he decided to attack Ninjago again. It's bound to happen, it's Lord Garmadon! I sigh and leave the bathroom. I quickly changed into PJs and sat on my couch. 

I wanted to forget what just happened. I'm making a big deal over it but it's probably not going to matter in the future. I feel ashamed for helping but at the same time, I'm happy I helped him. Why am I happy? Is it just because I did something good? I don't know anymore. I turned on the TV and to a show I like. I got up to turn on the fan and noticed something at the window. When I looked at it, there was nothing. I quickly shut the blinds and went to the couch. I wonder if there was actually something there.