F.o.u.r.t.e.e.n

Avantika stepped into the hall and saw nikhil there, talking to someone on phone.

Avantika went near to him and tapped on his shoulder. He ended up the call as he saw her.

"Where were you?? I was waiting for you since so long", nikhil said.

"There was some legal dispute so I was busy in solving it but thank god, it wasn't a serious one", avantika sighed.

"Let's go then", nikhil said bringing his hand out.

Avantika looked at his face in surprise. Nikhil raised his eyebrows asking avantika to put her in his. She did the same.

During the drive, avantika was looking at Nikhil's face and he noticed it.

"If you keep staring at me like this, how would I concentrate", nikhil teased.

Avantika quickly turned her face and started looking out of the window.

Nikhil sniggered.

"Am I that handsome that you keep on staring at me like that?,", he continued to tease her.

"I am not sure but if keep on finding out that I am looking at you, then surely you will hit someone with the car", she replied.

"Your eyes are so attractive that I can't help but look into them", he flirted.

Avantika turned pink. She had never expected to hear such flirtatious comment from nikhil.

Really he is super weirdo. Has he really changed?? Avantika thought to herself.
______________

They came back and had their dinner. Nikhil came in the room and he saw avantika had held his guitar in her hands.

"Ohh nikhil, I was waiting for you only. Please teach me to play guitar", she said excitedly.

"No avantika...I am tired", he replied as he sat on the bed.

Avantika glared at him and pulled him due which he stood

"No..please nikhil...why are so gloomy??", she complained.

"Okay fine...but I am not gloomy",he said taking guitar in his hands.

"So which song are you going to play??"

"It's one of my favourite songs. You will get to know. Just listen"

He started playing "Chahun mai ya na" song. Avantika was lost in him. She had her gaze fixed on him and the song itself made the environment more romantic.

Nikhil snapped his fingers in front of avantika when the song was over.

"How was it??", he asked.

"Fantastic!!", she exclaimed.

"Thank you", he said looking at his guitar. "Did you recognize the song??"

"Yes", she said and cleared her throat and then began to sing, "Tu hi ye mujhko bta de...chahun mai ya na".

"Thank God you are a businesswoman and not a singer", he sighed.

"That wasn't too bad", avantika said making a puppy face.

"Why didn't you rebel??", she asked as her smile faded.

"Rebel?? For what??", he said showing that he didn't know what she was talking about.

"You know very well nikhil"

"No..I don't know and anyways! It's very late. Let's sleep now", he said getting up from his place and walking towards the guitar case.

Avantika held his hand and got up.

"I know nikhil, you wanted to be a music artist but papa didn't let you to be. Samar told me", she told.

"This samar na!! There's nothing like that. He says just to tease. You shouldn't believe him", he said avoiding eye contact.

"Now you will lie to me?? Yesterday itself you promised me that you will give an honest start to our marriage and it can't be started with a lie. You should know everything about my past and I should know everything about you"

"Okay fine", nikhil said sitting on the bed and avantika sat beside him.

"So I was in class 12 and I wanted to pursue my passion which was music but dad ruined it. He forced me to become a businessman and now I am here", he said faking a smile.

"Don't you feel bad??", she asked and kept her hand on his.

"I do but I am happy with what I am doing. Though dad didn't let me do what I wanted to but at least I never left music. Whenever I feel bad, whenever I am happy, whenever I am angry, music always makes me feel better", he said.

I don't want to hide anything from you nikhil but as I have promised samar, I can't tell you about his decision about his career. I will tell you everything soon. I am sorry. Avantika thought to herself.

"What happened??", nikhil asked seeking her attention.

"Um..no..nothing. You know, my decision about career was never constant. When I was in 1st, I wanted to be a teacher. Then in class 5th, I wanted to be an astronaut", she told.

Nikhil cut her off in between and said, "Astronaut?? Really!!"

"Yeah!! I always wondered how life would be on moon. Always floating in the air", she said making a wave with her hand.

Nikhil chuckled.

"Then in 8th, I wanted to choreograph songs in movies", she told.

"You know how to dance??"

"Of course!! I am a trained kathak dancer", she got up and showed a step.

"That was graceful", he said.

Avantika bowed.

"And you know...I am a potterhead. I looveee harry potter", she said

"Ohh..come with me", he said holding her hand and took her to a shelf.

He opened it and avantika was amazed to see what was inside it. It contained all the harry potter books. Avantika's eyes lit up with excitement.

"Wow!! That's great", she said moving her hands on the books.

"I am a potterhead too but I am more a Hermione fan than of harry's", he said.

"Ohh!! I like her too. All thecharacters are just awesome", she said nodding.

"You know in childhood, it was my dream to go to Hogwarts. Like harry received letters, it was my fantasy too", nikhil told holding one of the books from the shelf.

"If you were in Hogwarts, you would have been in Ravenclaw because you are very hardworking", avantika said.

"That applies to you too. I have never seen any girl like you. So dedicated towards your work", he complimented.

"Thanks", she said putting the book back in the shelf.

"Wingardium leviosa", he said making an action with his hands as if he had a magical wand in his hand.

"Expecto patronum", she replied with another spell.

They both laughed and gave each other a hi-fi.