Chapter 25

"We already went to many cafés Miss Evans" Daniel said as he slowed the car.

"Just be patient Daniel. We'll find the right person soon" I scanned the side of the road, searching for more cafés. This was the third day of our mission and we found none that would match a book description.

There were plenty waitresses that would want one million dollars - hell even I would love to have it. But all of the young waitresses we found either had a boyfriend or they were college part timers.

"Stop here"

Daniel pulled the car to the side and parked it in front of a cafe. I quickly jumped out and sprinted inside in a hurry. I heard Daniel let out a heavy sigh before following me inside.

Inside customers were crowding the cafe, the room buzzing with chatter. Clatter of utensils rung in my ear, the sweet aroma of food invading my nostrils. Three waitress were serving the tables. One blond haired and the other two brunettes.

"Let's go" I grabbed Daniel by the hem of his suit jacket and dragged him to a table near the counter.

I took a seat and impatiently tapped my fingers on the table, waiting till one of the waitresses approach us.

And it was the blond one. "What would you like to order?" She asked politely.

"Umm" I smiled. "Can we order later?"

"Sure" She nodded and went on her way.

Daniel's narrowed eyes followed her until her figure disappeared behind the kitchen doors. "Are we gonna check on her?" He asked, returning his gaze back to me.

"Nah. She's blond"

Daniel raised a confused brow. "What's wrong with being blond?"

"Well" I leaned back in my chair and sighed. "There's nothing wrong with being blond but it's a stereotype in books. Blond girls are always portrayed as the bitches of the story. I mean it's kind of sad because there are really nice blond people but I'm gonna stick to the books. So I can't have her play the main character"

"But-" Daniel opened his mouth to say something but I shushed him as the other two waitresses walked past us to the counter.

One of them sighed, setting down her tray on the counter. "I don't know how I'm gonna pay my rent this month"

Yes yes yes.

"Even loan sharks are hunting me" She slumped her shoulders in exhaustion, her eyes showing weariness. "How am I supposed to pay back my dad's gambling debt like this?"

Yes!

The other girl frowned. "Your dad is an asshole"

Yessss! The feisty best friend.

"Why did he leave it all to you and die?" She shook her head in dismay. "Sometimes I just wanna-" She took a fork from a tray and stabbed it on a half eaten burger, her nostrils flaring in anger. "So now what are you gonna do? You can live with me if you want"

The other girl gave her a faint smile. "I can't live with your forever Tess"

"Well" Tess shrugged. "I just wanted to help you"

"Thank you Tess. But I have to find another job soon"

Tess scoffed. "You already do three jobs Emma. You can't keep living like this. At least get a boyfriend"

Yes she's single!

Emma chuckled. "I don't think a guy would want to date a 23 year old who didn't even graduate from high school"