Chapter 45

*Edited

*Edited

Layla

"A tattoo studio?" I ask him as we stand outside the shop.

He nods his head and takes my hand pulling me towards the doors.

We walk in and a lady comes into view.

"Ah, Angelo. What can we do for you today?" She asks in a thick accent that I couldn't recognise.

Landon says something to her as I go and take a seat on the couch that was displayed in the room.

Landon finished talking with the girl and then motioned for me to come with him.

I stood up and followed him as the girl started to set up a station.

Landon sat on the chair and I sat on the chair just opposite him.

He took off his shirt which displayed his very muscular chest.

The lady started to get to work and was being delicate on his skin due to his wound.

I then realised the tattoo he was getting was going to be placed over his heart.

Landon didn't flinch once as the needle came in contact with his skin

His face stayed emotionless and blank as did his eyes.

His gaze was focused on the wall in front of him as he leaned his head back.

My thoughts get cut off by my phone ringing.

I pick it up without looking at the Caller ID and speak.

"Hello?" I greet as Landon's head snaps towards me.

"Hey, it's Aidan."

I grin widely as I feel my eyes light up.

"My favourite cousin, how are you?" I say through the phone.

Aidan laughs and then scoffs.

"I'm your only cousin." I could practically feel the eye roll from over the phone.

"Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that I'm coming past tomorrow for Christmas Eve dinner. Your mum said that she and your dad would be home mid-afternoon but I'm coming a bit earlier so I'll let myself in." He tells me.

"Okay, just text me when you're on your way."  I tell him as I swing my legs back and forth.

"Will do Lay. I'll see you then." And with that, he hangs up.

I turn towards Landon to see him already looking at me.

He raises a perfectly shaped eyebrow at me and I just shrug and lean back in my seat.

I watch the lady do her magic, unfortunately, I couldn't see the tattoo but I was excited to see it.

Landon kept his head leaned back and stared at me with emotionless eyes as she worked on the art.

An hour later it was all done, and before I could see the tattoo Landon had put his shirt back on and got off the seat.

"Can I see?" I ask him as he comes over towards me.

"Later." Is all he says.

I sigh and take his hand that was held out for me.

We walk out of the store and head back towards his car.

He opens and door for me and I get in.

He shuts the door and walks around to his side, getting in and starting the car.

He starts driving back down the freeway and I realised that we weren't going back to my house

I shrug it off and watch the cars we fly by as we sit in comfortable silence

Not too long after we make it to a familiar no trespassing sign.

I smile happily at the place we had called ours.

Landon parked in front of the beautiful meadow and got out of his seat and going around to my side.

He opened the door and then closed it once I was out.

He took my hand and lead me through the valley of flowers.

Once we made it to the front of the cliff I smiled brightly at the amazing view of the city.

I sit down and start playing with the colourful flowers.

Landon sits down in front of me and watches me as I pick a few flowers off and hold them in my hands.

I smile and look back up at him.

His eyes twinkle from the moonlight cast above his eyes.

The grey in them shining through like silver.

"Your eyes are pretty," I say stupidly as I gaze into them.

"As are yours, Love" He answers back, seeming to be in the same daze as me

"Can I see now?" I ask him, being extremely curious to see his new tattoo.

He nods and slowly lifts his shirt just enough to see the tattoo.

I scoot closer to him and I gasp as I see the tattoo displayed.

Layla.

My name was written across his heart as a rose was displayed at the end of it.

"Oh, my-, Landon." I say shocked.

"Y-you shouldn't have. That's going to be there forever."  I say exasperated.

He observes me closely with an emotionless face.

"And you are too Layla." He says keeping his eyes locked onto mine

"I am what?" I whisper out.

He moves his hand to my face and cups my cheek as he glides his thumb over my cheekbone.

"You will be here with me, forever."