18: Mikey Gay

Although Gerard's lovelife was blossoming like never before, which was seriously so unreal that Mikey was starting to believe that they'd sold their soul to the devil for this to somehow work out, but in the case of Mikey Way, things couldn't be more different.

He had still fucked up with Pete, and things were still awkward between the two of them as Mikey continued to struggle to figure out just what this had meant and just what he wanted it to be, because if there had never been anything in the first place, perhaps he would have been complacent with the nothingness and dull heartache of loneliness and fucking the odd girl every month or so, but with this... no, not anymore.

It had happened and Pete had made it something- well, Mikey had made it the kind of something that was destroying him: Pete had just done something, even if that something was getting drunk and kissing him, but Mikey had really made it something, and that was something to cry and scream about in silence as he watched from his bedroom window as Frank made his way down the driveway again: another date with Gerard or something - Mikey didn't particularly want the details, and he most definitely didn't want to be here when they were fucking with no concern for just how loud they were being.

But Mikey just hadn't got Pete to run to and laugh it off with whilst getting drunk anymore: that was all weird and it was different, and Mikey didn't like it at all, and he wanted out - he wanted quits but the game had already begun and he was forced to stick it out until the end.

Mikey sighed out, hearing Gerard and Frank greet each other downstairs and groaning internally, because fuck, he'd rather go and fuck everything up with Pete than force himself to witness this- and you know what? Maybe he fucking would.

Perhaps there was just no better motivation than the fear of hearing Gerard having sex with their boyfriend. Whatever, Mikey didn't care all that much for the specifics of it, as long as it got him pulling on the nearest hoodie he found as he grabbed his cellphone and made his way downstairs, grabbing the attention of Gerard and Frank as he reached the foot of the stairs.

"I'm going out, don't worry, I'm not here to listen to you two make out or, worse." Mikey groaned, pulling his hood up, and barely making eye contact with Gerard as spoke, leaving Frank to raise his eyebrows a little at the friend that he hadn't really spoken to in a week or so now: truth be told, Frank was spending an awful lot of time with Gerard, and by an awful lot, Frank was practically spending all of his time with Gerard, but it wasn't like Mikey was jealous, because this wasn't a gay thing and Mikey already had one life ruining gay thing going on, and fucking hell, he was not in the mood for another.

"Shut up." Gerard blushed as they spoke what was the least enthusiastic retort, and really, was generally nothing but laughably pathetic. "We're not going to fuck on the sofa, Mikey."

"Of course you're not." Mikey wasn't convinced to say the least, but really, he didn't have the time or motivation to actually stick around and argue his way through this mess. "Whatever, just remind me not to sit there for like ever."

"Mikey, we're not-" Frank protested, his eyes widening as he shook his head like a fucking liar, because really, Mikey saw how this was - he really did.

"Oh, but you are. Come on, I know what it's like - empty house and you're already downstairs- look, I've done it before." Gerard made a disgusted face. "On other people's sofas, asshole - I'm not gross enough to want to sit in my own semen, unlike some people."

"Mikey-" Gerard's efforts were useless, as Mikey only shrugged it off, brushing past the two of them and making his way through the door, leaving them the trouble of locking it behind him, because fuck it, Mikey had to time to waste by pacing throughout the neighbourhood as he tried to psych himself up into texting Pete and arranging some sort of friendly non-homosexual thing.