04| A Big Reveal

"Nothing you can do can scare me, unless you tell me I have a daughter."

ROBERT KING'S POV ( Arabella's Father)

I took a sip of my whiskey as its rich smoky flavour & woody aroma filled my sinuses. The acidulous liquid stings the back of my throat, righteously serving its purpose.

I stared off into the distance, my mind wandering to the thought of my sons.

I was overcome with a feeling of pride as I rejoiced in acknowledging my children's success and accomplishments.

Nothing beats seeing my sons mature into better versions of themselves.

I have raised my sons alone since my ex wife of a bitch, Cora left me, and I never bothered to look for her because, frankly, I didn't care.

I can't keep someone who doesn't want to stay.

She abandoned our family 15 years ago, when my oldest son was only 12 and my youngest was barely a year old. It was hard in the beginning— looking after my 7 sons along with managing the world's strongest mafia, but I never once complained. Even though my younger ones are somewhat crazy, I wouldn't change a thing about any of them. I consider myself fortunate to be able to watch all of them grow up.

For years, I was the don of 'The American Mafia,' and I held the title of 'THE MAFIA-KING.' Nobody dared to mess with me or my mafia because I was merciless.

This power was what I strived on, it was what I sought and it made me unrestrained. It made people consider twice before they plan to cross me.

Our mafia has been a family business and when I told my kids about the mafia, they were all very supportive of it. Four of my oldest sons had already joined the mafia when they came of age while my three youngest are still in training.

I've retired from the position of mafia don, and my oldest son has been in charge since he turned 25. At the age of 26, he became 'The Mafia-King.' And now, at the age of 27, he is the most feared man on the planet.

My lips curved into a smirk as I acknowledged how powerful my sons had become.

We have many enemies because we are the strongest mafia in the world, and we had encountered a few setbacks over the years, but we always fought our way back to top.

There's always one ruler; and our reign has only just begun.

The shrill sound of a ringtone coming from my phone, jolted me out of my daze of thoughts.

I picked my phone from the desk and looked at the unknown calling ID of the caller.

After answering the phone, I brought the phone up to my ears as I leaned back in my office chair, resting the back of my head on it and stared up at the ceiling,