CHAPTER 43

It's been 15 days since I came back home and I have been really busy lately.My mom was doing fine so we brought her back home and I took care of her and everything.Our househelp is off duty so I had to do all the household chores and then I would go to work occasionally.I spent most of the time looking after my mom and would talk to her about random things just to keep her spirit up.Every evening I had a couple online interviews with celebrities and though that was not my zone at all,I agreed to do it because if I'm ever going to take over in the future I need to be good at everything.After that I would spend my time researching and preparing for the following interview and I  somehow managed to keep myself engaged.Stefan would call me up in the night and we would talk for hours and then he would sing me to sleep.But for Stefan ,I could have completely lost my sanity in the first weak.I was surprised by his actions,he would text me every now and then to check up on me and make sure  I had food and got enough sleep and I change those hospital clothes as soon as I get back home.It is really overwhelming when you know you have a person in your life who would take care of every little thing concerning you and for me that was Stefan.

His songs are another thing that kept me sane and I would listen to them while driving,when I'm in the hospital sitting, doing nothing with my eyes stuck on the green cross right in front of my eyes.He was my ultimate strength and the solution to all the misery because nothing mattered to me or atleast everything looked fine whenever I spoke to him.I would be left with nothing if my mom was gone and the last weak was like a test and I couldn't do much to pass in it and all I could do was pray beacuse I couldn't even go to my mom to comfort her or just see her,hold her hand, kiss her....I could do nothing because I had to make sure that I didn't get infected and in that case there would be no one who would reach out for us except Stefan who is miles away.The worst  part was when I would get back home from the hospital in the night because I would stay alone and would get totally consumed by all negative thoughts and what if's.Stefan always made sure that he didn't hung up until I sleapt and I couldn't thank him enough for that.The gift he gave me that night,the bracelet,it was so well thought especially in moments like these.I would sit on that hospital chair alone, thinking of all the possibilities and worrying about hospital bills and worrying over how things would be if I get infected but then accidentally I would look at the bracelet yelling those magical words,
I'll be there for you.
Relief would wash over me and somehow I ended up getting optimistic about the things and that I'll be alright as long as I have his back.

I missed him so much.Missed every thing that revolved around him...his kiss,his touch,honey eyes,that addictive voice,those sarcastic remarks, his flirty little comments,him dropping me off to work,his tattoos,his rings,the dark hair which was slowly losing the dyed brown colour,his guitar,his scent,his clothes that would fit me perfectly and how I wish I had brought a couple of his Tee shirts along with me!,his room,his bed,his house,his mom,his sisters and everything that was his.His mom was a great support too,she would text me every now and then and would give me tips on cooking healthy food and all the motherly affection that everyone needs.

Stefan's POV

I'm scared,she is gone now and will be gone forever if she learnt the truth. I miss her so much even though I'm always texting her every now and then and now I couldn't imagine my life without her.No one in my life had this control over me not even Emma and Alice.I loved them but not in the way I love Kritika because I always knew in the back of my head that it is fifty percent probability of them staying forever in my life so I was always prepared but now there is no fifty percent and it's like I'm completely dependent on her for everything because in the end she was someone who is mine.Everything is different with Kritika compared to my past relationships and I can't beleive how my life revolves around her starting with her good morning kiss to dropping her off and , taking her on long drives and then singing her to sleep.I can't keep the truth hidden from her for long and I chose to tell her about it myself.If she decides to leave me,it will be for her own good and I love her enough to let her go.

I moved back to London because there is no point staying there without her and then I needed to get things with Alice done.
*Phone chimes*

Alice?Why she calling me now? What else does she want now?

"Alice?What's wrong?"

"So what have you thought?",I could literally picture her smirk.

"I'm still thinking and just give me two days, we will meet in the court room",I said.

"You're ready then?Hmm?"

"Why wouldn't I not be ready? What kind of person do you think I am?I still don't trust you and what if you are lying?I need to get the facts checked before the court and my lawyer is gonna come for you tomorrow so be ready",I hung up.