3

It's been a while since she walked home alone...no, she never walked home alone without him but she knew, it will get more frequent...or maybe they won't be walking home together again. 

The hot water made her feel dizzy, her tears ran along her cheeks. Submerging herself deep into the embrace of the water that she dyed red with her blood.

"It's like I'm taking a flower bath..." She chuckled.

Putting on a casual attire, she headed out alone. Without telling her mom, without telling him. The hospital was filled with humans, making her not so comfortable. She never liked strangers to begin with.

"Miyu-chan, you're here alone?" The doctor asked.

"Yea..." She sat down. 

Having a weak body since young, she always had to have her body check. Especially with a protective best friend, nagging her to get a check-up every month.

"Takumi-kun is not here with you today?" Hiroshi, the doctor asked as she shook her head in response.

"...doctor, I want to check...how much time I have left..." She stated in a soft voice but Hiroshi heard her clearly.

"What happened?" His eyes showed concern. She was like his child, ever since young, he had always been the one to do her check-ups.

"...hana...haki." She averted her eyes.

"Hanahaki? Who?" 

Her gaze told him everything, it was her childhood best friend.

"Will you go through the surgery?" 

"...I don't know...I just want to see...how much time I have left...I'll decide within the time...I have." Her eyes wandered all over the room, she was scared...

"I get it. It won't be 100% accurate but you'll still be able to know the estimated time." He explained.

She did everything the doctor said, now she just needs to wait for the results...the most nerve-racking part.

"...Miyu-chan, you have roses?" Hiroshi asked cautiously.

"...yes."

"They hurt much more...because of the thorns."

"But they are beautiful." She smiled weakly.

A nurse came in and gave Hiroshi a file...his eyes widened reading through the papers.

"...you don't have much time." 

"I see...is it that bad?"

"Your hanahaki progresses really fast. You have at least a week...and two weeks at most."

"Oh, thank you...and please keep it from my parents and him as well." She stood up getting ready to leave.

"Miyu-chan wait, take this with you." He handed her a bottle of pills. "It won't cure it, but it'll lessen the pain...if you decide to have surgery, I'll always be here."

"Thank you, doctor." Her eyes teared up slightly.

The walk home felt so cold to her, the emptiness of her heart...it's like someone hollowed it out. It hurts but its numb at the same time...she processed the fact that her life was going to end...it felt so unreal to her.

"Miyu! I thought you said you wanted to play video games all day." The voice startled her but she didn't bother to spare him a glance.

"I am going to." She replied finally deciding to look at him. "You just got home? It's already four."