Chapter 13

The evening before the morning after...

Tuesday evening we were all sat around the dinner table eating my famous mac 'n' cheese. Which by the way was the only thing I have cooked for the boys since moving here. 

Now I had been here for a few weeks, it really was feeling like home. The boys, all 3 of them in fact always made me feel welcome. But school started tomorrow and the nerves were starting to set in. 

"So moos, have you got everything ready for tomorrow?" asked Seb shoving a forkful of dinner into his humungous mouth.

"Yes Sebby" I mocked back "I think I'm ready to go. You're taking me right?" I asked Seb

"I'm afraid not sis, something came up at work and I have to be there early. But Noah has offered to take you?" he replied

I looked at Noah, but he was too busy stuffing his face with food. 

"It's okay, I will get one of the girls to pick me up" I said, not wanting to intcruot Noah's day

Since he said he wanted to go behind my brothers back, we hadn't spoken, unless it was answering a question about the house or my brothers, and I wasn't sure what to say now. 

"No. I said one of us was going to take you on your first day and that's final. After that you can walk, get a lift do whatever you want. Well almost whatever. But not tomorrow" Seb said 

"Alright. Well I am pooped." I said sighing "Are you boys alright to clear up?" I put my bowl in the sink and walked round the table to give my brothers a kiss on the cheek, leaving Noah out, though secretly wanting to kiss him too. 

"Night Maya Moos" Jace called out

Senior year here I come!

~

The next day I woke up, half full of nerves and half excited to see my friends and my new school. My new friends had eagerly agreed to meet me outside the school entrance. 

Dressing to make an impression on my first day of school, and to deal with the California heat I chose a white ribbed crop top, paired with a baby blue skirt and finished it off with my matching blue converses. I kept my makeup light and natural, knowing my newly tanned Californian skin did a lot for my face. 

"Isn't that skirt a little too, you know, umm short?" said Noah when I walked down the stairs 

I just glared at him, giving him the middle finger.

"Hey look, your brothers aren't here. I am just saying what they would!" he said 

"You are nothing like my brothers" I responded "and you know it" with that I grabbed his car keys off the side and threw that at him. Not wanting to eat breakfast as I was still feeling rather nervous.