t h i r t y o n e

no one pov

the woman fixed her messy ponytail, looking at her self in the mirror. splashing some cool water on her face, trying to make her red puffy eyes calm down a little.

then going back to the kitchen, grabbing the small plate of food and walking to her sons room.

she gently knocked on the wooden door frame, taking in a deep breath of much needed fresh afternoon air.

"...taehyung sweetheart?"

she asked, her voice soft and calming to the ear. she slowly cracked the door open, opening it after she spoke.

as the door opened, she finally caught sight of a boy, laying on his bed. his body hidden under his blankets, curled into a small ball. his eyes facing the wall, his back turned to the door.

"are you hungry now?.." mrs. kim asked sweetly. waiting hopefully for the boy to respond with a yes, or respond at all.

a few seconds of silence passed. until the woman finally heard the soft frail voice of taehyung. it was strained, and just barely audible over a whisper.

"no.."

he answered, his voice cracking slightly from the simple word.

mrs. kim sighed slightly at her sons voice. "are you sure?.. i made your favorite.." she tried again. all she wanted was for the boy to eat something. 

he had barely ate anything at all in the passed week since they returned home.

"c-chicken?" taehyung asked after hearing his mothers words. the woman felt a soft smile try to rise on her face at the extra response from the boy.

"yes. with a side of strawberries." she responded back. she would never understand why taehyung liked such combinations. but it didnt matter, as long as he would eat it.

".....c-can you put it on my desk?" taehyung finally asked after some time of thinking. mrs. kim nodded instantly. "yes of course." she said gratefully, walking to the boys desk and placing the food down.

"need anything else sweetheart?" she asked, looking at the lump that was her son under the blankets. "n-no... i-im ok." taehyung responded. his voice falling back to a whisper.

mrs. kim let out a sad sigh. it was truly heartbreaking to see her son like this. and after everything that happened, she just didnt know how to handle it all.

she tried to get taehyung to go to a therapist, as the doctor suggested. but the boy wouldnt even leave his bed. let alone his room.

all the poor woman could do was watch in pain. and try her best to keep taehyung alive at this point.

"i-i'll come back later then." she spoke. taehyung didnt respond as she slowly walked to the door and just about closed it behind her, before saying one last thing.

"i love you."

she said with a smile. taehyung again didnt respond. so she closed the door, leaving just as soon as she came. the door clicking behind her.

the woman let out one final sigh before walking to her room, slowly sitting down on the edge of her bed.